1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice


Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by ocsanonymous, Aug 3, 2017.

  1. ocsanonymous

    ocsanonymous New commenter

    Hi guys, i just got my Degree certificate and transcript notarised by a notary here in the UK. Now i have to get them approved by the FCO. Does anyone known if i need to send both these documents (certificate and transcript) or will just the certificate suffice. This is for the Kuwaiti visa process for what its worth?

    Can you let us know what you did even if it wasn't for the kuwait process. Thanks
  2. rachel_g41

    rachel_g41 Established commenter

    Sorry I can't answer this specific query, but it might help amyone else about to start the process...

    When I had mine done, I told the notary what it was for, ie that it was going to be needed overseas, and he took care of the entire process. He told me he had an 'agent' who dealt with the FCO legalisations. He did my passport and 3 certificates as one document and it cost me just over 100GBP for the notarisation and legalisation together.

    You should be able to find a notary who can do this for you.
  3. ocsanonymous

    ocsanonymous New commenter

    Thanks. I had to get my ACRO, Degree and Transcript done. Cost around £280 all three. I've sent my ACRO to the FCO which cost £35. Now just need to know if i need to send both Degree nd Transcript to the FCO or just the one will do.
  4. rod901

    rod901 New commenter

    Just the degree. You dont nerf to notarise the transcript
  5. todd89

    todd89 New commenter

    Your school should tell you.

Share This Page