1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Favourite sport to teach?

Discussion in 'Physical education' started by mountaingoats, Jun 16, 2011.

1. Doesnt have to be your favourite sport, but which sport do you seem to find easiest/most enjoyable to teach?

2. stopwatch

stopwatch Lead commenter

I enjoy most sports, but probably in order of preference top 5:
    1.Trampolining
    2.GCSE theory
    3.Volleyball
    4.HRF
    5.Swimming/Water activities (water polo, life saving etc)

3. Volleyball.
    But also the most infuriating.

4. there's something about volleyball....never played it seriously as a youth but its really good fun to teach.
    Trampolining too!
    Squash...if you ve only got a few students.

5. greta444

greta444 New commenter

Rounders, netball, climbing. Would love to have the facilities for volleyball.

6. gogojonny

gogojonny New commenter

Atheltics.The one sport that can be applied to every single other sport. Would teach it all year.
    Other than that rugby. Put a ball on the ground like football then they go crazy. Make them throw the ball to each other then they start to think about it.

7. Doesn't apply to Egyptian kids - they are crazy - give them a rugby ball they go a bit more crazy - ask them to pass the ball....they don't understand...
    At least with volleyball, they HAVE to pass it!

8. Can't think of a school I have taught at that didn't have the space to play volleyball. You don't need a maked court or posts. The game itself is the end product. Very rarely is that reached.

9. reddevil

reddevil Occasional commenter

Hockey.

10. bigfatgit

bigfatgit Occasional commenter

Underwater blow football

11. Only because you can demonstrate...

12. bigfatgit

I think that you're getting confused with that "trick" I used to do in that bar in Bangkok [​IMG]

13. stopwatch

stopwatch Lead commenter

Is this in your previous persona as 'Madame Ping-Pong' [​IMG]

14. That would be some lesson plan to offer before the (Ofsted) king.
    I reckon the BFG could manage it with volleyballs...
    I would apologise, but 'we are' PE aren't we?

15. bigfatgit

Ofsted? I don't do Ofsted - I get a note from my mum [​IMG]

16. Rugby (Union).
    HRE.
    Cricket to younger pupils.

17. HRE
    Health related 'ealth?

18. Trampolining is the most frustrating sport to teach in the world. I just want to get on myself!
    Love rounders, softball, swimming, theory and vb, even though I'm not great at it

19. Maybe you need to develop your skills at teaching football then gogojonny...............how about lokking in the mirror and doing just that instead of making such ignorant comments about Primary School teachers.