1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Favourite Songs

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by munchkinamy, Jun 5, 2012.

1. Hey,
    An easy one really...just wondered if your class (or you!) have any favourite songs.
    My class enjoy singing when we have a few free minutes and I want to introduce them to some new songs...I'm fed up of baabaa black/white/pink/rainbow sheep and variations of twinkle twinkle.
    I've been introducing new songs for a few weeks (I've just started with this class) and the enjoy learning new ones and thinking of actions, its always good to know what other children (and adults! have enjoyed.

2. Hey,
    An easy one really...just wondered if your class (or you!) have any favourite songs.
    My class enjoy singing when we have a few free minutes and I want to introduce them to some new songs...I'm fed up of baabaa black/white/pink/rainbow sheep and variations of twinkle twinkle.
    I've been introducing new songs for a few weeks (I've just started with this class) and the enjoy learning new ones and thinking of actions, its always good to know what other children (and adults! have enjoyed.

3. MissMistoffelees

MissMistoffelees New commenter

We do the Hokey Cokey quite a lot and the Jelly on his Head one here- http://ewanmcvicarssongs.webs.com/singingkettlesongs.htm
    Although some of the verses there are different to the ones we do; we also do Josh McKye with doughnuts on his eyes and Claire with bananas in her hair.

4. Sorry, not directly replying to your post, I just can't figure out how to post my own comment without quoting you [​IMG]

I'm curently wotking with children under 3 but have worked with children up to 6 previously.
    I love the following songs in no particular order (I think most you can just google, if not just ask me for the lyrics)
    1) Slippery Fish
    2) Galoop went the little green frog
    3) 5 little men in their flying saucers
    4) 5 little flowers
    5) Wheels on the bus (I use clip art pictures of the relevant verses and get the children to name it - early symbol recognition, pre-literacy)
    6) Old MacDonald (the classics never die)
    7) fingerplays like "Open, shut them" and "Wind the bobbin up"
    8) 5 little monkeys (or monsters) jumping on the bed
    9) 5 currant buns
    10) head, shoulders, knees and toes.

Good luck!

5. Oh thank you cheekyb71!! I'll definately be using some of your songs!

I'll have a look at the CD suggestions people made too.

I'm a trainee teacher (NQT in reception next year) and I love singing with my class but can't remember songs off the top of my head right now...remembering my own name at the moment as I come to the end of the year is hard never mind a range of songs :D
    So thank you everyone!