1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Favourite make up

Discussion in 'Personal' started by headforheights, Feb 13, 2011.

1. headforheights

headforheights New commenter

Do you have a favourite brand that you stick to for all your products or do you buy different products from different brands? And do you have any you would recommend?
    In my makeup bag I have Clinique, Bobbi Brown, No 7, Marks, Rimmel, etc. but am never quite happy with what I have!

2. I'm lucky enough to have a good friend who's a makeup artist in the States and she sends me piles of MAC makeup because she gets her discount. She's a hairdresser to so gets me dirt cheap Tigi stuff. I love MAC, mainly because I have always suffered from facial eczema and their Studio Concealer can cover all blotches, scars etc. Plus it doesn't irritate my stupidly sensitive skin.

3. Generally clinique or clarins for skin (Clarins long last makeup smells fab, like watermelon). Lipstick also clinique, anything else gives me cold-sore like blisters.
    For eyes, bourjois. I like their range of colours and especially that it's possible to get lighter colour mascara - in most brands the brown or brown-black is still very dark. My fave ever mascara is/was chanel Inimitable in bronze - they seem to have stopped making that colour though.

4. Benefit and too faced.
    Bourjois for their foundation (the only one I can get light enough for my skin!)

5. Shifter

Shifter New commenter

Favourite make-up?
    Anything by the Shadow Cabinet

6. 576

576 Established commenter

I only use 4 products but I really love what I use
    - Benefit Posie-tint (blusher)
    - Benefit High Beam (highlighter)
    - Maybelline mascara
    - Clarins Colour Quench Lip Balm

7. elisa1

elisa1 New commenter

Lancome for foundation, powder and Mascara and juicy tubes, Eyeshadow usually from Boots number 7

8. Max Factor.
    Second Skin foundation
    Falsh Lash Effect mascara.
    Lipfinity lipstick.
    Eyeliner - has to be Avon Glimmersticks.

9. I must admit I do not wear make up. I only wear it to parties/celebrations etc, so when i do buy it I buy whatever is on offer because I will only wear it about four times a year!!