1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Favourite books for book day theme!!

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by Lucia11, Feb 17, 2011.

1. Lucia11

Lucia11 New commenter

Hello,

We have just found that we have a SIP visit on world book day so I would like to concentrate on one book and have all activities centred around that. I have some ideas but I would really like to know, what books have worked well for you all? I am in Reception!!
    Thanks, Lucia

2. Lucia11

Lucia11 New commenter

Hello,

We have just found that we have a SIP visit on world book day so I would like to concentrate on one book and have all activities centred around that. I have some ideas but I would really like to know, what books have worked well for you all? I am in Reception!!
    Thanks, Lucia

3. Mick Inkpen books are great and my children loved them last year for World Book Day,[​IMG]

4. I was going to suggest possibly choosing an author rather than a specific book (more for your own ability to generate ideas for everything than anything else). Julia Donaldson? Just because I love love love the Gruffalo (hubby got me a cuddly Gruffalo for Christmas!)
    Something like Percy the Parkkeeper might work as well in terms of activities you could derive from the theme of his park and the animals etc... just trying to avoid massive tenuous links for activities fests here a bit.