1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Faulty Previews

Discussion in 'TES Authors' Group' started by bbunwise, Sep 3, 2018.

1. bbunwise

bbunwise New commenter

I have uploaded a few resources using a more recent version of word. Although the resources are good on my computer, when I upload them the preview have images and words on the wrong pages. This obviously is a poor thing when trying to sell them. I converted some files to pdf, but the problem remains.

How do you get the preview 'thumbnails' on TES to look exactly as your resources were made and how can you amend the previews of existing resources?

2. corcuera

corcuera New commenter

This has been a ongoing issue for as long as I’ve been on this website...
    As well as pdf versions of my resources, I tend to include a couple of screen shots so that users can see what the resource actually looks like.

3. MissEHoney

MissEHoney New commenter

I'd either make a pdf of them of them or use the snipping tool on widows to take a screen shot and upload that picture as your preview

MosaiK likes this.
  4. Jubblord

Jubblord New commenter

I've had this for about a year now. My resources were fine and then suddenly they started coming up with previews that made my resources look like they had poor formatting. TES have been in contact but I constantly get told 'working on it' or 'out of our hands'. Has anyone found a way to fix this? My resources are PowerPoints and word documents

5. MissEHoney

MissEHoney New commenter

See my response above Jubblord. I think this is the best way to preserve the layout.

6. bbunwise

bbunwise New commenter

Thank you. PDF is better. It just takes a long time to change all the 'Word' ones. And when I did, the layout problem remained.