1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Fatcats beware

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by laurelandhardylive, Feb 7, 2019.

1. laurelandhardylive

laurelandhardylive New commenter

When all the experienced teachers have left, been 'settled' or gone insane, you may actually have to do a days work for your six figure salaries.

Newly settled, new to supply I meet other experienced teachers on supply. All with the same story. I go into schools with grey skinned teachers and MAT fallout.

Everywhere is the same, a hollowed out profession, and it's all hidden because Unions are fettered.

No money in schools, all up the road to buy armarni suits and range rovers. Stressed kids, souless SLT and heads.

Oh teaching profession what have we allowed ourselves to become?

MAT leaders take your big salaries at tax payers expense and out of children's pockets and covet it.

"I wear the chain I forged in life," replied the Ghost. "I made it link by link, and yard by yard; I girded it on of my own free will, and of my own free will I wore it. Is its pattern strange to you?"

That's you Marley and Scrooge live. Karma will get ya.

2. thekillers1

thekillers1 Lead commenter

Started well with the post, but lost the plot a bit.

3. Teslasmate

Teslasmate Occasional commenter

Don't be silly. Management will never sully their hands with actual work. Not least because most of them have no useful knowledge or skills. If they didn't have their snouts in the trough of education funding, they'd find some other revenue stream to rip off.

4. laurelandhardylive

Haha. Tried my best. Impassioned atatge start became tired by the end.

Point I'm making is that making those 'tough' decisions is about real people and real effects on lives and professionals. Careers damaged or ruined all with a pat on the back.

I'm a great believer in what goes around comes around.

Alice K, thekillers1 and agathamorse like this.
  5. laurelandhardylive

My ex CEO had a string of failed attempts to be more than a rubbish head teacher and individual. Companies house was very, very informative.

So she found CEO heaven. Dedicated parking spot and scared staff. Got rid of anyone with a voice or ups across nine schools. Then awarded a payrise.

Lots of chain links to add to her karma.

Alice K and agathamorse like this.
  6. Jazztess79

Jazztess79 New commenter

I could have written this post, in identical circumstances!

7. laurelandhardylive

We are everywhere. Biggest national scandal no one knows about

agathamorse likes this.
  8. thekillers1

thekillers1 Lead commenter

...yet. I believe a BBC program highlighted a scandal involving a CEO of an academy chain, using more state money towards his pay packet rather than school buildings, eg used second hand boilers that were discovered in the school’s basement and falsely reported accounting statements.

agathamorse likes this.
  9. laurelandhardylive

I'm afraid in my experience. Parasitic CEO, toughing money up to a purpose built floor of an office complex.

10. FredfromFrance

FredfromFrance New commenter

I can feel your passion and I absolutely love you for it!

11. laurelandhardylive

I
    Thank you. I do truly despair of what has become of the profession I love. Good people made to feel not so and the wrong people in charge, no one daring to speak out anymore, everyone squeezed and put upon.

agathamorse and lardylegs like this.
  12. FredfromFrance

FredfromFrance New commenter

especially as we're in a profession that's all about helping vulnerable members of our society and contributing to the country.

wait a minute... i forgot that the most important thing is to fill your pockets, Silly me!

Curae, agathamorse and lardylegs like this.
  13. Mrsmumbles

Mrsmumbles Star commenter

So did Charley D!

14. gainly

gainly Established commenter

That's not how the private sector works. Do you think the bosses of Carrillion started digging roads after they'd run the company into bankruptcy with their greed? Do you think Sir Philip Greedy started working on the till at BHS? No they'll award themselves a six figure bonus for a job well done and go off to find some other enterprise they can rip off and destroy.

Rott Weiler likes this.