1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Fast track GTP. Has anyone done this before??

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by llf123, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Hi,
    I am applying to do the fast track GTP at Bradford BNETT this year for a Jan 2012 start and was wondering if anyone has done this????
    It is a self funded route as I am employed as a qualified teacher (for the last 3 years) and I know I have already met many of the standards.

Thanks in advance

2. Hi,
    I am applying to do the fast track GTP at Bradford BNETT this year for a Jan 2012 start and was wondering if anyone has done this????
    It is a self funded route as I am employed as a qualified teacher (for the last 3 years) and I know I have already met many of the standards.

Thanks in advance

3. Hi,

I am just about to finish my GTP this July, having started in Jan 2011. I was also self funded with the school where I had been employed as a TA for just under a year willing to support me. I joined the Derby GTP along with several non qualified tteachers who had similar experience to yours.

I found that for me, out of business and industry, it was a steep learning curve but the hands on practical nature suited me and I got good support from Derby. Sure I missed a term of lectures some of which would have been useful but other than that it is possible.

Regarding evidence, I used some from about 6 months prior but had it valildated with a witness statement from the teacher involved and or the headteacher. This will be one of your interview questions for you to ask.

Regards

Ian

5. Meant to say that through my current role I know i am already doing and have evidence that would cover many standards but I know some providers want it to be current evidence not past.