1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Fast-track Courses

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by dlh202, Nov 11, 2015.

1. dlh202

dlh202 New commenter

Dear all.

Wondering if anyone out there has had experience of teaching 2 year ab initio GCSEs MFL. I'm not looking for a scheme of work but it would be good to pick your brains. I'm currently teaching one in German and just looking at ways to refine it and make it more effective.

Drop me a message if you want to start a discussion.

Thanks!

2. violet64

violet64 New commenter

Wondering if anyone out there has had experience of teaching 2 year ab initio GCSEs MFL. I'm not looking for a scheme of work but it would be good to pick your brains. I'm currently teaching one in German and just looking at ways to refine it and make it more effective.

Drop me a message if you want to start a discussion.

Thanks![/QUOTE]
    Hi
    I teach Spanish in 2 years to GCSE level. I would find it useful to share ideas with someone else in the same boat!

3. MrsBM

MrsBM New commenter

We found it very difficult and after several years, have now abandoned it! Although some students did really well, others who's should have achieved good grades just didn't - we spent loads of time/energy trying to support and drive them, but they just didn't meet their targets. As HoD it just seemed like putting too much onto my team - we have enough to do with a normal 5 year course.

4. pascuam49

pascuam49 New commenter

I teach Spanish IG Ab Initio and two cohorts have taken the exam now. Both students and myself have to work like mad. The majority of students are able and motivated and it pays off in the end. Without those two conditions I don't think it would succeed.