1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Fashion.

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by annaeuan, May 19, 2011.

1. Hi all
    I am planning to stage a fashion show with a nice group of Year 7s after half term, does anyone have any top tips/ done this successfully or otherwise?!
    merci!

2. Hi all
    I am planning to stage a fashion show with a nice group of Year 7s after half term, does anyone have any top tips/ done this successfully or otherwise?!
    merci!

3. I do this every year! [​IMG] I make them work as table groups. Each pupil has to decide what they will wear for their strut up the 'cat walk' and their partner has to write their commentary e.g. "she is wearing a pink skirt with a white blouse. She is also wearing a pretty green scarf and some lovely black shoes" in whichever language. In that way, each students gets to strut about and each student has to do a bit of commentary as their mate struts about.
    One group I did it with borrowed a microphone from the music department for the commentary. I usually use a digital camera to film it too as they love watching it back.

4. I've done this too, they all loved it. We set up a catwalk and chairs in the hall and invited free staff to watch. They took turns modelling their favourite outfits from home, and they had a mike and were filmed by the drama technician. It's a fab activity.