1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Fascists Threaten Journalist and Family

Discussion in 'Personal' started by artboyusa, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Bobbbs

Bobbbs Occasional commenter

I can find plenty, the fact you've asked me means you either can't or that you think it's a valid tactic in trying to brow beat an argument. Study after study has shown bias in the media, on both sides. It's idiotic to think that the media doesn't lie, or that it is a recent phenomenon. The papers have lied for decades.

As for the Dr Ford testimony, I saw no evidence to support her claims. I believe that she certainly could have experienced an assault, but the evidence was insufficient to support her claims. Innocence until proven guilty is the standard, and we can't deviate from that at all. Should we deviate from it, we invite chaos into our judicial systems. Mr Carlson's home was attacked, and the door was reportedly damaged. There are still people protesting outside his home.

How about this?
    "The group known as “Smash Racism DC” on social media posted a video of their antics on Twitter, which had since been deleted by the site. But the video could still be found on Facebook. In the video, radical leftist agitators can be heard threatening Carlson and his family by chanting: “Tucker Carlson, we will fight! We know where you sleep at night!”

Why are you so ideologically obsessed with a good guy/bad guy mentality? Good and bad exist on both sides. To ignore one in favour of the other is intellectually lazy.

artboyusa and lexus300 like this.
  2. sadscientist

sadscientist Senior commenter

3. sadscientist

sadscientist Senior commenter

4. Nanook_rubs_it

Nanook_rubs_it Star commenter

As I've previously stated, if you have something in mind, I will either support it or condemn it; I don't intend to comment on generalisations.

Unlike the incident that may or may not have occured between Dr Ford and Judge Kavanaugh, Police were present during the incident, and if on-going I assume they are either still there or have judged that they aren't required. Either way, no arrests have been made, so nothing seems to have occurred that constitutes a crime.

And you know they are 'radical leftist agitators' because? The point of my response to the OP was that right wing commentators have used 'false news' and 'false flag' too often, as responses to events they see as being unfavourable to their aims, that why should they be believed about anything they say?

Lol; 'Good and bad exist on both sides', where have I heard that before? Oh yeah, in defence of neo nazis.

For the record, I find it hypocritical beyond words that Carlson is complaining ,as he is about demonstrations at his home, when he supports the right of Alex Jones to harras and lie about the parents of dead children in the Sandy Hook massacre.

He is reaping what he has sown.

FrankWolley likes this.
  5. Nanook_rubs_it

Nanook_rubs_it Star commenter

Lol. 'The report lists the incident as a “suspected hate crime” on the basis of “anti-political” bias'.

I didn't realise that being a conservative was now a protected characteristic in the US. Maybe they're concerned about their loss of privilage.

Another amusing comment:

A statement released by Fox News dubbed it “reprehensible” and called for more civil discourse at a time of intense political polarization.

“We as a nation have become far too intolerant of different points of view,” the statement said. “Recent events across our country clearly highlight the need for a more civil, respectful, and inclusive national conversation.”

Says the news network that has made it it's mission to divide the nation and disrespect others opinions.

6. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

Really ?
    You amaze me.

7. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

BBC again!

8. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

Use a spell check and grammar Red, this makes little sense.

9. FrankWolley

FrankWolley Star commenter

B0ll0x.

[Like most of your posts, TBH...]

harsh-but-fair likes this.
  10. burajda

burajda Star commenter

Miles better than oldesome though. Will you be pulling all of us up from now on? Are you nomad in disguise?

11. FrankWolley

FrankWolley Star commenter

Isn't that against T & Cs?;)

12. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

No I rarely if ever do this but Red is normally very precise in his use of English I reckon he was in a rush or otherwise distracted. I meant no harm or offense.

red_observer likes this.
  13. red_observer

red_observer Star commenter

Sorry did it quickly yes. All I said was I’m not taking lectures about morality from a poster who has openly condoned things I,and normal people, find repulsive. That’s all.

14. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/children-murdered-mafia-italian-mobsters-3402712

15. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

Such as?

16. Orkrider2

Orkrider2 Star commenter

Or they're a woman who is speaking out about sexual assault, or sexism in computer games, or just a prominent politician who you disagree with who happens to be black and a woman. It's hardly something that's limited to 'fascists'.

The way Carlson family have been threatened is awful and I'm just as disgusted with the ****s that are responsible as I was when CBFord had to move out of her home because of death threats. As I'm sure everyone on this thread is too.

artboyusa likes this.
  17. artboyusa

artboyusa Star commenter

Here's mine...Fascists: persons using violence and intimidation against others to advance the agenda of powerful interests. Fascists justify their own intolerance and disrespect for others by an extravagant demonization of their opponents and the exaggeration of their own virtue.

lexus300 likes this.
  18. artboyusa

artboyusa Star commenter

[This comment/section has been removed for breaching our Community Guidelines/Terms and conditions]
    And I don't think violence, intimidation, lies and smears are ever acceptable - not matter who's doing them. That should go without saying. Publicly "condemning" that stuff, as you seem to demand, is too easy, too meaningless and way too self-congratulatory for me, so you're welcome to it.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2018
    lexus300 likes this.
  19. artboyusa

artboyusa Star commenter

Don't ever change, Red. Seriously. Please don't.

20. artboyusa

artboyusa Star commenter