1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Fascists Threaten Journalist and Family

Discussion in 'Personal' started by artboyusa, Nov 8, 2018.

1. artboyusa

artboyusa Star commenter

Even the Mafia has a "no wives or kids" rule...
    Anti-Fascist Protesters Target Fox News' Tucker Carlson At His Home
    Police responded Wednesday night when anti-fascist activists showed up at the Washington, D.C., home of Tucker Carlson and began banging on the door and shouting threats like, “We know where you sleep at night.”
    The Fox News host wasn’t home and neither were any of his four children. But his wife was there and quickly locked herself in the pantry and called 911.
    “It wasn’t a protest. It was a threat,” Carlson told The Washington Post on Thursday. “They weren’t protesting anything specific that I had said. They weren’t asking me to change anything. They weren’t protesting a policy or advocating for legislation. ... They were threatening me and my family and telling me to leave my own neighborhood in the city that I grew up in.”
    https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/tucker-carlson-antifa-protesters_us_5be47075e4b0e84388954d65
    Mob chants threats outside Tucker Carlson’s DC home
    A self-described left-wing Antifa group posted videos of a mob outside the Washington, D.C., home of Fox News’ Tucker Carlson Wednesday evening, chanting, “Tucker Carlson, we will fight. We know where you sleep at night.”
    The now-deleted video was posted on social media by Smash Racism, D.C. The same group made headlines in September after activists confronted Sen.Ted Cruz, R-Texas, and his wife inside a restaurant during Brett Kavanaugh's Supreme Court confirmation hearing
    The group posted on Facebook that Carlson spreads "fear into our homes," and said it wanted to even the score.
    "Each night you remind us that we are not safe. Tonight, we remind you that you are not safe either," the group posted. They also chanted, "Racist s---bag, leave town...
    Carlson said he is used to being confronted in public and has no interest in playing the role of victim, but he said his wife and his four children should not have to be exposed to the aggression while at home.
    “Here’s the problem, I have four children,” he said by phone. “I never thought twice about leaving them home alone, but this is the reaction because this group doesn’t like my TV show.”
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mob-chants-threats-outside-tucker-carlsons-dc-home

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
    lexus300 and Sir_Henry like this.
  2. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Sadly normalised... it's OK to harass people in public, in restaurants, in their own home... as long as you've labelled them ''fascists'' ... such an enlightened age we live in.

3. MAGAorMIGA

MAGAorMIGA Star commenter

Unacceptable. I unequivocally condemn such behaviour. By all means picket Tucker Carlson's place of work but his home? No, no, no.

artboyusa likes this.
  4. sadscientist

sadscientist Senior commenter

Do we have a TES approved definition of "fascist" yet?

lexus300 likes this.
  5. FrankWolley

FrankWolley Star commenter

Here's one definition:

fascism

NOUN
    mass noun
    • 1An authoritarian and nationalistic right-wing system of government and social organization.

1. 1.1 (in general use) extreme authoritarian, oppressive, or intolerant views or practices.
        ‘this is yet another example of health fascism in action’
    The term Fascism was first used of the totalitarian right-wing nationalist regime of Mussolini in Italy (1922–43); the regimes of the Nazis in Germany and Franco in Spain were also Fascist. Fascism tends to include a belief in the supremacy of one national or ethnic group, a contempt for democracy, an insistence on obedience to a powerful leader, and a strong demagogic approach

Origin
    1920s: from Italian fascismo, from fascio ‘bundle, political group’, from Latin fascis (see fasces).

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/fascism

This article is also interesting

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/8316271.stm

6. Scintillant

Scintillant Star commenter

Have a look at the one provided above and then you'll recognise it when you see it.

7. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Star commenter

8. Nanook_rubs_it

Nanook_rubs_it Star commenter

Given your propensity of declaring any right wing terrorist incident as being a 'false flag', what makes you think this isn't one as well? It's all very short on detail, no arrests, only Tucker's word there were any threats, and Tucker does like the publicity...

Not saying it is, but it's a bit suspicious after Trump has been seen targeting jounalists / news outlets. ;)*

*Commentators like Tucker let BS politicians get away with bare faced lies, propogate factual distortions, give opinion pieces designed to create fear. His type of 'journalism' has reduced 'news' to nothing but political ammunition, and undermines all those who try to hold power to account.

monicabilongame and FrankWolley like this.
  9. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

Are you criticizing the BBC again?:rolleyes:;)

10. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

11. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

Free speech, "gone with the wind".
    The two party system and adversarial politics has much to answer for.

artboyusa likes this.
  12. red_observer

red_observer Star commenter

I’d take the OP seriuously if the same person condemned acts of violence that are ok and fine abs acceptable because of the posters right wing neocon agenda. It makes me laugh this selective morality from the comics on this site.

monicabilongame likes this.
  13. Bobbbs

Bobbbs Occasional commenter

What's your point? You might not like Mr Carlson's political views or ideologies, but that doesn't excuse acts of intimidation and violence towards his family and home.

And the left media groups are as guilty as the right. Hell, Diane Abbot has been defended by left orientated commentators. She has previously stated that Mao, responsible for some 45 million deaths, was good for China in the long run. A comment so stupid that I can't even comprehend how she wasn't drummed out of the Labour party over it.

Whatever happened to "believe the victim" that the left has adopted? Is his wife not a victim? Or are can victims only be those whose political ideologies align with yours?

artboyusa likes this.
  14. Nanook_rubs_it

And you have proof that this happened?

If you can identify a 'left media group' that publish out right lies and distorted truths, I will, of course condemn them equally.

Now that has to be the funniest thing I have read on here in ages; the police were called and no arrests were made. Where is the 'victim'?

15. Bobbbs

Bobbbs Occasional commenter

Honestly, the last point is where you show the double standard. "No arrests made" is a common complaint about violence against women.

If you need me to find lies put forth by the left side of media, then you're too trusting of media. Both sides lie, they just lie differently to different ends.

16. Nanook_rubs_it

If you can identify where they have distorted the truth, or outright lied, I will of course condemn it.

I tend to think they do a reasonable job as they upset both the left and right, often in the same report.

sadscientist likes this.
  17. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

artboyusa likes this.
  18. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Was the victim not his wife who had to lock herself in the pantry and you now find "the funniest thing I have read on here in ages"?

Glad you find the harassment and fear of Mrs Carlson so funny...

artboyusa likes this.
  19. Nanook_rubs_it

My response to the OP was actually pointing out the double standard, and that commentators, like Carlson, have created an environment where 'facts' are opinion and vice versa. Where did you stand on the Dr Ford testimony? @artboyusa stated that he knew she was lying. The right like to bleat about innocent, until guilty, but are very selective where they apply it.

So you can't find any then.

Your view only goes to prove that the media has been busted by hacks like Carlson.

20. Nanook_rubs_it

He certainly has history with Ascota & CNN.

So Obama doing something questionable means Trump is OK to do what he does? That is the worst kind of partisanship.

You have proof that it happened then?