1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Farmington Fellowships?

Discussion in 'Religious Education' started by tooyoung1, Dec 9, 2011.

1. Hi
    Anyone out there done one of these? what do they involve? what do you gain form it?
    I like the idea of applying BUT id def need good reason if my HT was ever to agree!!
    Ta!

2. Hi
    Anyone out there done one of these? what do they involve? what do you gain form it?
    I like the idea of applying BUT id def need good reason if my HT was ever to agree!!
    Ta!

3. durgamata

durgamata Occasional commenter

A friend of mine did it. Would you like her to email you? If so, give me a pm with your email.

4. They really are fantastic opportunities for teachers of RE.

iF YOU ARE TRYING TO SELL IT TO YOUR HEAD THEN A COUPLE OF POINTS

SUPPLY COVER IS PAID/
    THEY CAN BE FELiXIBLE e.g.one day a week or pockets of time /
    they are small scale and so can fit into any aspect of the department and school development plan e.g.engaging strategies for teaching RE to disaffected year 8's /development of G and T/raising A to A stars etc etc.

5. durgamata

durgamata Occasional commenter

You can also tell them that there is an experienced HOD RE teacher who has experience of covering a department when their HOD has been on the Fellowship. ie me - and I would love to come in and cover for you if you get accepted!!!

While I am happy getting my business up and running - and things are moving fairly well at the moment - I would love to be back in the classroom even if it was only for a term.