1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

farewell...

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Lilyofthefield, Jan 22, 2011.

1. ...for a while. Got burgled this evening, laptop gone. Am now in queue for remaining computer. How I'll miss you. I'll do even less at work!

2. ...for a while. Got burgled this evening, laptop gone. Am now in queue for remaining computer. How I'll miss you. I'll do even less at work!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Blimey, lily - and it's only five minutes since the fire. You're a one person advert for insurance.
    What else was taken? How did they get in? Did they do much damage?

oh...and I know you don't much care for it but hugs and stuff anyway.

4. Fnuk

Take care

XxX

5. Oh no Lily! I hope you haven't lost anything irreplaceable.

6. B'stards, hope they get a really painful itchy scratchy STD.
    Re the other computer, sigh and moan and grunt till they let you on it.
    Life here wouldn't be the same without you.

7. marshypops

marshypops New commenter

...pssst...

do wanna buy a laptop?

I am so sorry to hear this lily, come back soon pleeaasee.

8. We could all stay up late and play when your boys have gone to bed

9. ScotSEN

ScotSEN Senior commenter

Thats awful hope you get sorted out soon

Hugs

10. ROSIEGIRL

ROSIEGIRL Occasional commenter

Oh Lily - much sympathy!

Pop in when you can!

11. anon2799

anon2799 New commenter

Buggger, hope they didn't take anything important ( apart from the laptop obviously).

12. That really sux...
    I feel your pain though... I am on the one remaining working laptop in the house... his died a few weeks ago and my good one died today - corrupt windows and wouldn't start up... this one is my old one from Oz that we are now sharing until mine gets fixed (thank goodness for after warranty care)...
    Will miss your posts...

13. modelmaker

modelmaker Occasional commenter

Thank f.uck for that. I was going to ask a question about how to leave a girl I recently met and somehow, accidentally got pregnant. Sincerely, that's tough luck lil. I'll miss you. If they catch the bas.tard and you'd like him sorted out I'll ask Rosie.

14. Mmm - burglary is never good. Hope you and yours don't feel too violated (for want of a better word).

15. Ooooo I'm on, thanks to MOTD! Mr L is torn between it being my fault for going to Sainsbury's and Son2's for only hearing the breaking glass and disturbing the burglar as he was legging it up the drive. We are Not Speaking. Ass*hole.
    They've taken Son2's house keys (Work keys on there too hahaha) so Mr L has put a new lock on one of the doors but is too f*cking mean to replace the others tonight on the grounds that tomorrow they will cost less for him to replace than the insurance excess. So am not expecting to sleep well. Ass*hole.
    No they didn't get much apart from the rings I left by the sink when I washed up, not even my purse since I'd just gone down to the shops, but they must have been watching. Thta's the thing. Given the timing they must have seen me go out, not realising that Son2 was still in. Or maybe not caring - didn't make much difference! Check your make-up though ladies! i totted mine up - make-up bag was in the bag they nicked - and it was £87!

16. DM

DM New commenter

Sorry to hear your news Lily.

17. Agree there, my aunt had her car broken into twice and both times they took her make-up bag, the second time the insurance thought she was taking the **** because of the amount she wanted. Bad luck lily, make Mr L sleep on the sofa with the baseball bat!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

He should be grateful that Son2 DIDN'T come face to face with burglar as that may have ended badly.

19. "Ooooo I'm on, thanks to MOTD! Mr L is torn between it being my fault for going to Sainsbury's and Son2's for only hearing the breaking glass and disturbing the burglar as he was legging it up the drive. We are Not Speaking. Ass*hole."
    "They've taken Son2's house keys (Work keys on there too hahaha) so Mr L has put a new lock on one of the doors but is too f*cking mean to replace the others tonight on the grounds that tomorrow they will cost less for him to replace than the insurance excess. So am not expecting to sleep well. Ass*hole."

Charmed, I'm sure. Being burgled is dreadful but your reaction is difficult to understand.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Really? I reckon it is only too easy to understand.
    It takes an *** to blame his wife for going shopping, to blame his son for not actually being confronted by a burglar and, worst of all considering the burglar has the house keys, refusing to pay for a locksmith immediately.