1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Farewell to Catalonia, Eric

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by SMT dude, Apr 15, 2011.

1. SMT dude

SMT dude New commenter

Wham! That was quick...
    If it was me, Eric-the-Red, then sorry, tho' I cannot see what could have caused offence.
    Actions speak louder than words, and in the prompt demolition of your thread, you may have the answer to your question.

2. SMT dude

SMT dude New commenter

Wham! That was quick...
    If it was me, Eric-the-Red, then sorry, tho' I cannot see what could have caused offence.
    Actions speak louder than words, and in the prompt demolition of your thread, you may have the answer to your question.

3. Oh, I missed that......
    So, how did you pay homage to Catalonia?

4. SMT dude

SMT dude New commenter

Eric (female in spite of the name) asked an innocent question about the over-rated city with the 'blaugrana' football club, her husband's home town.
    Really the question had to do with accreditation, the subject of a thread which has enjoyed two years of life without attracting the censor's baleful glare.
    I answered accurately and inoffensively, as on the other thread.
    Now, maybe in the half-an hour or so I was away pretending to work, someone else came in and shouted *****! or words to that effect.
    Anyway, one of those friendly Guardia Civil chaps adjusted his patent-leather cap, levelled his rifle, and
    ![/b] another godless anarcho-syndicalist bit the dust.
    ¡viva la muerte!

5. Oh!
    I never even got to read it!

6. PS I've just read your post to my husband and he said, "El, si que sabe de espana."

7. SMT dude

SMT dude New commenter

Gracias, che.
    I'm only a fake sudaca and at least three other regulars here saben mucho más.
    My point was, as above, that NABSS accreditaion may have its virtues but other organisations go deeper.
    I do not work and never have worked in Spain or Catalonia.

8. Sudaca? Isn't that a derogative?
    Are you in South America? Donde? I lived in Paraguay for two years a long time ago.
    I've read the other thread about accrediation. Don't seem to be many schools acredited with other organisations. Is there a site where you can search for them?

9. SMT dude

SMT dude New commenter

Not to me, I'm an honorary sudaca and proud of it.
    I will PM you mañana, but if you dig deep here, there are many posts about Spain and one or two about Catalonia.

10. OK. Gracias!
    I have dug deep but struggling to read between the lines...

11. bbibbler

bbibbler New commenter

There is a lot on ISR about the place

12. Visca Barça!
    <font color="#0000de"></font>

13. Thanks for tip about the other website. Had a look - can't see any references to the schools I've applied for - can you see more references if you pay?

There's a school in Toulouse which isn't too far from Barcelona. Salaries seem higher, so I'll look into that.