1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Farewell Poly Styrene

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Richie Millions, Apr 26, 2011.

1. Richie Millions

Richie Millions New commenter

While saying goodbye to this goodly person I am reminded of my own exuberant excesses in past times, when youth fed the accelerator and good taste was left at the verge. I was once a member of the short lived band, Anna Rexia and the Nervosa. Anyone else had a punky past?

2. emilystrange

emilystrange Star commenter

am eternally grateful to her for ending the misconception that 'Some people think little girls should be seen and not heard' so bloody brilliantly.
    tears shed.

3. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Aw no. [​IMG]
    Another one of my childhood heroes gone. Too soon.

4. I was sad to hear of Poly Styrene's death - she'd obviously been ill for a long time. I thought she was awesome back in my youth - she made braces cool!
    Yes, I was a member of two little-known punk bands. The first was called Trexus-2 (in homage to Blake's 7 or something) which I *sang* in - we did gigs on the local circuit and earned enough to pay for the Spray Mount that helped my hair stand up on end. The second band's name complete escapes me but we didn't do any gigs, in fact we only did a few rehearsals before realising that the Oboe (I'm a first study oboeist) doesn't fit into the punk genre very well. We were ahead of our time I tell you!

5. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Ritchie and poeme - I am 'seeing' you in a whole new light now! [​IMG]

6. Richie Millions

Richie Millions New commenter

There are very few musicians who are/were/will be bonkers at various stages of their lives x