1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Farewell Pat...

Discussion in 'Personal' started by gargoyle770, Jan 1, 2012.

1. the square will be a quieter place without your earrings and that lipstick!

2. PlymouthMaid

PlymouthMaid Occasional commenter

Who is Pat?

3. According to the hotmail news page - Pat, a character from Eastenders, died last night...erm, no I don't watch it either! Sorry!

4. PlymouthMaid

Ah thank for enlightenment Felix

5. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Yes. She popped her clogs.

6. catmother

catmother Star commenter

I find it so hard to imagine what it might be like to be so oblivious to popular culture!

7. that was quite quick from finding out she had cancer to dying - took my dad 6 weeks, and he had a lot less weight to lose than he did, or was it not the cancer?

8. I thought it was quite a poignant episode, well acted by most of the actors. This new Branning brother reminds me of the character of 'Sykes' in Oliver Twist.
    Michael French is turning out to be a very versatile actor.

9. There were a lot of factors. As well as the widespread cancer, there was also a heart problem. I got the impression (from the laboured breathing and the hint of blood in the drinking water) that her lungs were pretty much done for - I suspect all the shouting didn't help!
    A suitable ending for a long-serving character. How will they dispatch Dot and Ian when their time comes, I wonder?

10. I hope they consider natural causes again. Surely they need more natural causes deaths in the soaps? There are only so many tram/plane/train/mobility buggy crashes one can take.

11. The end of an earring! (Just seen it on BBC Three Bye Pat programme)

12. I spotted that too - brilliant!

13. I found it emotional when Janine threw herself into Pat's arms like a little girl!

14. PlymouthMaid

It seems to be very easy when you are person who doesnt watch much TV (and that is straight off the DVD box); doesn't get a tabloid or, at present, any newspaper and only usually listens to either Radio 4 or Absolute radio stations. Don't remember seeing anything about it on the news either but I do always get bored with the News once the headlines are done with.