1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Farewell Christopher Lee!!!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by HelenREMfan, Jun 11, 2015.

1. HelenREMfan

HelenREMfan Star commenter

Have just heard on the news that Christopher Lee has died. What a loss..... he was in so many good films... and was always worth watching when the film wasn't too great. My OH as a huge Hammer films fan is gong to be gutted !

I remember watching some really scary films when young (being tall meant I could get into X films without any problem..... though my mother used to go mad as she would remind me of the nightmares I (and therefore she) had when I was a kid.

He was a great Dracula - only supplanted for me by Gary Oldman in Coppola's film and Oldman made me cry with that film. I was terrified by Lee and Peter Cushing in an old Hammer film called "The Skull" which did in fact give me a good few night chills.

How nice too that he continued to work until well into old age..... he was an acting force in the LOTR films....

2. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

Good age to go.

He was my first crush (as Hammer Dracula)

:-D

3. EcoLady

EcoLady New commenter

I always imagined Terry Pratchett's Death speaking with Christopher Lee's voice. A huge loss. My children are watching LOTR The Two Towers right now by way of tribute.

4. primarycat

primarycat Star commenter

Very sad news. Love the Wicker Man.

5. DogsareNOTstupid

DogsareNOTstupid New commenter

Oh, I love that movie too! OH refuses to watch it with me though.

Very sad. He terrified me as a child as Dracula

*shudders*

6. jacob

jacob Lead commenter

All that extra blood from the young ladies kept him going a long time (he was in some seriously **** films0 and much better in some others.

7. dumpty

dumpty Star commenter

The atmosphere created in the Hammer movies has I am sure done more than anything else to create an image of Britain as a very, very creepy place ( and kept tourists coming to Loch Ness and so called 'Haunted Castles'..) The colors, the mists in the woods...even writing about it gives me the creeps! Never been matched since for that atmosphere.

8. doomzebra

doomzebra Occasional commenter

He'll be back.

9. aspensquiver

aspensquiver Star commenter

Why the exclamation marks in the title? Someone died.

10. doomzebra

doomzebra Occasional commenter

Thank f..k you were here to explain that for us.