1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

FAO the person who was a contestant on the original MasterChef with Lloyd Grossman

Discussion in 'Personal' started by tafawke, May 23, 2011.

1. Hi.

Someone amongst this fabulous community once said they had been a contestant on the original episodes of MasterChef with Lloyd Grossman. Could this person please identify themselves (or be identified) to me ???

I am doing a MA paper on reality tv with a case study on MasterChef. I have already lined up an email interview with Sara (one of this year's finalists) a phone call with Tim (this year's winner) and some kind of Q&A with Gregg (one of the judges). As part of my comparative analysis I think it would balance the paper to have similar questions asked of one of the original contestants. The questions are not confronting, just about the way the production is delivered.
    So, if you know who this is or it is you, can you please help me out. PM if you don't want to talk online.
    Thanks - this will be a huge help.

2. I think it was Belle de Jour..?

3. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Yes....guilty as charged. It was me back in 1993!
    *Better go back and read OP properly now*

4. doomzebra

doomzebra Occasional commenter

At the risk of tiggering another pedantry war, could I suggest that getting the host's name right might help with the manner in which your thesis is received.

5. Omg that sounds like my ideal essay!

6. Erm - tiggering?

7. If only there were an edit facility

Oh hang on ... there is (added by edit)

8. doomzebra

doomzebra Occasional commenter

The wonderful thing about Tiggers ...

9. Thanks for pointing this out - I wasn't around to see the original episodes (I was in Oz) so I just used a search engine to find out the host's name - even Amazon (I just looked out of interest spells it both ways... Lloyd and Loyd),,, But I will use the correct spelling in my essay...