1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

FAO Nick909 and other lovers of things Italian

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by henriette, Mar 16, 2011.

1. henriette

henriette New commenter

Hey Nick, thinking about capers I just found this website http://www.nifeislife.com/
    What say we combine forces to make an order and meet in Basingstoke (about 1/2 way I think) to divvy it up?
    Does anyone else in the area want to join in????
    H
    (PM me?)

2. boo hoo - not close enough!

3. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Yes.....very close to pick up [​IMG]

4. landaise

landaise Occasional commenter

It's outrageously expensive!

5. nick909

nick909 Lead commenter

Hi Henriette, many thanks for this!
    I'm going to have to decline though, as with new baby very nearly here, weekends are very busy and I think I'll struggle to justify a drive to Basingstoke to pick up some capers and other Italian goodies that my wife can't or won't eat (won't eat olives, cured meats and mould rinded or unpasteurised cheeses are forbidden currently). Good luck with it though, and also to anyone else involved.
    I agree with Landaise though, it all looks a bit expensive, no? Most of the stuff on the site is available in any decent deli or supermarket and a good bit cheaper? Or is it just me?
    Thanks again though.

6. landaise

landaise Occasional commenter

It's not just you: I pay no more than 16€ kg for Parmesan, less when it's on offer. Extra virgin olive oil is around 3€ l. The prices there are around double!

7. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Prpobably replaced by a Polish deli!