1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

FAO Middlemarch

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by anon1069, Jun 2, 2012.

1. Dear Middlemarch
    I just wanted to say a big thank you for your suggestion about how to prepare better for interviews.
    Thanks to this, I was able to get through a telephone interview without nerves etc affecting my thinking processes despite being signed off with stress last year. I thought I would never again be able to be as confident in interviews as I used to you, but thanks to you I feel a lot better about interviews again!
    I didn't get the job (a short term supply post) but the feedback was more important to me (I was very impressive but pipped at the post by another candidate). I'm sure that this is partly down to your preparation method which helped me to think more quickly and prompt myself beforehand instead of trying to worry about what I would be asked and what to say which is what I focused on in the past. Incidently, I think that this would be useful for me during formal interview situations too because I could just transfer the mind maps to flash cards and flick through them before being called.
    Thanks again!

2. Dear Middlemarch
    I just wanted to say a big thank you for your suggestion about how to prepare better for interviews.
    Thanks to this, I was able to get through a telephone interview without nerves etc affecting my thinking processes despite being signed off with stress last year. I thought I would never again be able to be as confident in interviews as I used to you, but thanks to you I feel a lot better about interviews again!
    I didn't get the job (a short term supply post) but the feedback was more important to me (I was very impressive but pipped at the post by another candidate). I'm sure that this is partly down to your preparation method which helped me to think more quickly and prompt myself beforehand instead of trying to worry about what I would be asked and what to say which is what I focused on in the past. Incidently, I think that this would be useful for me during formal interview situations too because I could just transfer the mind maps to flash cards and flick through them before being called.
    Thanks again!

3. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

No - thank you for being kind enough to give me feedback!
    You've now got the best possible basis for your next interview - you know you're preparing in a way that works for you and that you're so close to finding the job that's got your name on it.
    I look forward to your 'I got the job' thread!

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

I do like it when people are courteous enough to say thank you!
    I know that many posters have found MM's mind maps useful. Here's the reference to it for those of you who don't know what I am talking about. Middlemarch's post is a few down.
    Dear Theo and all- Get to the interview, but nerves always get the better of me. What to do?
    Best wishes!