1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

FAO Lara mfl

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by supply slave, Nov 7, 2011.

1. It was ME! (let me explain)...
    I was secretly praying you wouldn't get it- because I think it was a waste of such fine talent. You are<u> no</u> HLTA, <u>you are an experienced and very able teacher</u>- and Monday's job is yours for the taking.
    HLTA role would have been highly exploitative-because you'd be being paid far, far, far below your actual worth and the school would have milked every last bit of your experience.
    I'll say it again: THEIR LOSS and another school (and your) gain.
    You'll be brilliant Monday- and the star will have had a very thorough polish [​IMG]

2. welshchocoholic1

welshchocoholic1 Senior commenter

Gutted for you that you didn' t get it, but not too much because I completely agree with lillykitty[​IMG]
    Hope that you get the job on Monday[​IMG], which you want more anyway!
    (At least you know you're applications are good[​IMG]!)
    Fingers crossed for Monday x

3. MayKasahara

MayKasahara New commenter

Sorry to hear you didn't get this one but good luck for next time!

4. the more I think about it, the more outrageous I find it that you didn't get this job. But then I visitied a school today with a view to applying, and another potential applicant was an ex headteacher who can't find work now.... By the way don't admire my German - it's my mother tongue as they say, and I knew you'd understand it - now that's something to admire!

5. baileysonice

baileysonice New commenter

Sorry you've had this disappointment Lara and good luck for Monday. I haven't been able to post for ages as the site hasn't let me log in on my laptop for some reason! I do read your posts regularly though and I think you're an incredibly positive and generous person who deserves some luck herself! Can't wait until you get your own sparkly star!

6. Scary indeed!!!!!!!!!!
    I am indeed disappointed for you Lara. But hey, life goes on!!
    I have read Theo's advice and others too. The interview this Friday is going to be make or break for me I feel. I have spent so many hours on preparing and that's only the 20 minute Literacy lesson!!!! I have polished up my 'selling points' and to elaborate my anwsers with good examples and so on. I just have the cutting out to do now - to try something new (which works well in Numeracy but have'nt tried similar in Literacy). I think I have played the interviews so far this year too safe. I must take risks and make the panel want me. Clothes ready, LP ready, Resources ready tomorrow, but will I be ready?????????

7. good luck to you too Harry! Try to stay calm though....

8. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

In my area we've got ex LA consultants, ex-Heads and ex-Deputies who have been rendered 'redundant' in the re-organisational changes.
    As to you Harry 1978
    Of course you will! I know you think it's make or break butas you know I was ready to throw in the towel and be an HLTA and wonder of wonders, suddenly I have an interview!
    Hope springs ever eternal. Wishing you all the best fir Fri. too.[​IMG]

9. marlin

marlin Star commenter

Only just got in Lara and had to come straight to the computer to hear your news. Can't really believe it - but I agree with everyone else that Monday would be the perfect job for you. It's a harsh world out there - take care - have a good rest now and lots of luck and good wishes for Monday.
    M [​IMG]

10. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Been otherwise engaged, Lara, just got to my keyboard.
    Well, that's their loss!
    But you have had a dry run for Monday . . . and you can see the amount of support that you have on this board!
    Best wishes.
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars

11. Thanks Gila, funny that - my father advised me the same last night!! I will try to stay calm as possible! Lara, thanks so much, I hope we can have a triple celebration with supply slave!!!
    Good luck to all (except those who are my competition, hehe)!!! [​IMG]

12. emmadrg

emmadrg New commenter

Dashed bad luck, Lara, but as others have said, you are too good for an HLTA role.
    Will keep fingers crossed for Monday.
    My dad told me to have a shot of vodka before I go in for my interview on Friday. Not sure how that would go down with the formal interview panel!
    Now to get on with trying to interpret the interview invitation letter. Rather cryptic, and the panic will set in!

13. Hey Lara - only just got up after Tesco induction til 10pm. Best wishes for Monday - a job much more suited to your undoubted talents. Will keep that rocket safely tucked away from naked flames!

14. It would be great for a quadruple celebration- if emmadrg gets her job too!
    Good luck harry1978- you'll be brilliant.[​IMG]

15. As so many have already said, Lara, you're a teacher. So I wish you all the luck in the world for Monday!

when, by sheer coincidence I too have an interview.but don't worry, we're not up against each other! I'm Drama...Good luck!!

16. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter