1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

FAO all interviewees this week, next . . .

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by baileysonice, Nov 9, 2011.

1. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Best of luck, fingers crossed for you poor tom and LTC1409.
    Remember, if you're feeling disappointed, don't feel any obligation to post, or as so often advised (particularly for Gila) write the post, go away, re-read the post and then perhaps decide just to delete it! Makes you feel better for writing it (the catharcis) but doesn't actually need posting for others to see!

2. Well I didn't get it. Am disappointed, but not distraught especially as it seemed like a really lovely school and the kids were beautifully behaved (although very, very quiet in the interview lesson- everyone said the same thing).

Anyway, overall I feel my lesson and interview went OK really and I reckon it must have been pretty close between all four of us as the panel spent a good 45mins-1 hour discussing who they were going to select.

Anyway in the end they sent us two girls home and spoke to both the two blokes. The guy who was offered it originally actually turned it down as he decided the job he'd been offered closer to home suited him better, so it was passed on to the other guy. Maybe the school wanted a male teacher all along as the dept currently is very female orientated, but who knows really. I've been told to ring back on Monday to get my feedback so no use over analysing anything. This is only my third interview (or second proper one I guess as the first one didn't involved teaching a lesson) and I feel this has been the one which I have been most confident in so...

Only issue I now have really is that once Jan comes round I'll be back to trying to scrape by on supply work. Currently (until I get paid from next) I have a grand total of £43 in my bank account!

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Oh, sorry to hear that LTC1409. was thinking about you today -particularly as I forgot to wish you well yesterday!
    If Theo doesn't post you some flowers first I'll pop along to the Flowers thread later.

4. Sorry to hear of your disappointment LTC1409. Stay positive though. Your dream job will come.

I had a call today asking me to interview next Thursday (1st December!)
    Not sure what I have got to do yet as they are sending a letter in the post, but I am very pleased :)

5. Thanks guys. I also can't be bothered to cook this evening! I want something cheesy and fattening! (Why I'm craving cheese I have no idea).