1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

FAO all interviewees this week, next . . .

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by baileysonice, Nov 9, 2011.

1. baileysonice

baileysonice New commenter

Really hope u get it Lara x

2. Good luck one and all
    Lara- all the best for this teaching post- it's where you truly belong.
    Harry1978-fingers, toes, legs and arms crossed!

3. Lara, it should be fine - just be really confident in everything you do tomorrow!
    Thanks spatel, yes I suppose what will be will be - I am not really going to dwell on even the decision. I think perhaps the 'waiting' over the weekend has aided my brain's recovery somewhat - previous interviews do weigh me down psychologically, weird as that sounds!!!
    Well Well Well, Lara. supply slave has his 'rocket' ready for you!!!! [​IMG]

4. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Just wishing everybody well for tomorrow
    good to hear you're 'chilled and self-confident' poor tom .Hope you know the task and time now. (I only know am observed lessons, pm interviews.)
    Best of luck with your guided reading? modgepodge
    To Harry "just be really confident in everything you do tomorrow" seems easy in theory. Let's hope we can do it in practice!

5. welshchocoholic1

welshchocoholic1 Senior commenter

Good luck to everybody for tomorrow[​IMG]! Also Harry hope it is good news for you!

6. Best of luck tomorrow Lara, and to everyone else with interviews this week.

7. emmadrg

emmadrg New commenter

Best wishes, everyone, whether you are interviewing or waiting for outcomes. Will be thinking about you from the comfort of my nice cosy bed!
    [​IMG]

8. Thanks Welsh and emma, feeling a bit weird now - if I get it great! But if I don't, I know I am going to start feeling worthless again. [​IMG]
    Good luck to all interviewee's this week and that Lara nails it today. [​IMG]

9. baileysonice

baileysonice New commenter

Fingers crossed for you all - keep us posted :)

10. I'm joining this thread.... I have another interview on Thursday! Have decided to go for something very active, haven't taught it before, but will be fun. Slightly risky, I know, but I just don't want to do anything boring. Harry, I know what it feels like, feeling worthless after rejection! BUT you really shouldn't, it's such an unrealistic scenario teaching a lesson to pupils you don't know, it doesn't mean you're not a good teacher. And each time I go for an interview I remind myself that they don't know that I've been rejected before, so try to look at interviews one at a time. Can't wait to hear if you got it, would be really happy for you - and Lara, of course! Well done all those posters who got a job, I just read this thread after a few days not logging on, and it's all so exciting!

11. Well, that was a morning of my life I'll never get back.

I feel as if all the bad luck in the country has settled in my corner; in which case it will be successfully staying away from the rest of you!

Now, would I really want to work for someone who is patronising and insulting? Mr Headteacher, even though I think you are clearly a numpty who doesn't know how to effectively observe teachers (as even OFSTED pointed out), in a formal interview situation I will remain polite and professional, and spare the sarcasm for later.

And if you decide to change the interview procedures half way through, I think you should a) apologise, and b) tell us all! - and when you've decided to not interview 2 of us after the observations, you should tell us before pretending to have an evaluation of the lesson...

So it WAS as good, effective lesson - given that the poor kids had already had 3 'interview lessons' thrust down their throats that morning (yes, the same group...)

and I DON'T think it was 100% appropriate that a member of your school staff (in an extra, unannounced interview during and in the presence of their class, questioning me about child protection) delayed me even when I pointed out that it was the time I was supposed to be teaching my observed 30-minute lesson - and I DO appreciate the generosity and goodwill of the students who gave up their morning break to make up for said delay... and still engaged with me!

And to be honest, can anyone, meeting a group of students for the first time, seriously show how and what they have each learned in a short 30-minute session? Self-assessment suggested they learned, or at least thought they had... (of course I put in AFL...)

NUMPTY!!!

Rant over??

I'm still self-confident, Lara, and will be chilled again soon!

Hope the rest of you have a better day than my morning was... :)

12. PS Got home to find a message about another upcoming interview on Thursday! So crossing my fingers for myself for Weds & Thurs, and for all the rest of us on this thread for our various interviews!

13. poor tom, sounds like you had a horrible interview experience, well done for staying polite and professional.... Onwards and upwards, good luck with the next one!

14. Just found out that another person from my PGCE class will be at the same interview as me on the 24th!

Now, I haven't seen them teach, but they were always one of those people who did stupidly well on uni assignments and the like. EEAAKKKK.

15. Thanks Lara and all, did'nt get it and they sent me a letter - could'nt say it to my face.

16. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Ooh, so sorry Harry1978!
    After all that waiting and being on tenderhooks! I know my own disappointment didn't actually 'hit' till today, so take care. Onward and upward. Hopefully Fri. might bring in an advertisement, or not as the case may be!
    Here's something from the Flowers thread to encourage you for next time.
    [​IMG]

17. As Winston Churchill said "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." Okay, so he wasn't talking about applying for teaching jobs but the meaning is the same! He also said "I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly." Nothing to do with previous quote but it still made me smile :)

18. 2 x :-( this week...
    Lovely people, great schools, very efficient and courteous. As good an experience, twice, of not getting offered a job as I could imagine!
    but another interview next Thursday to prepare for - with a different format: a presentation to the panel on a subject-specific topic to be announced on the day (and some time to prepare); meeting with children (assessed against SMT criteria so not just a coolness competition). (Plus the formal interview.) Sounds fun - looking forward to it.

19. Good luck. My interview is next Thursday to (the 24th) so fingers crossed it works out well for the both of us!

20. Good luck!