1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

FAO all interviewees this week, next . . .

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by baileysonice, Nov 9, 2011.

1. baileysonice

baileysonice New commenter

Congratulations Signora!

2. Well done!!
    and I've got another interview, on Wednesday. So now 2 to prepare for next week!

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Congratulations signoradolores!
    Don't forget to post your very own 'Dear Theo I got the job! and get one of Theo's shiny stars and everyone's congratulations. My intention was NOT to hijack the usual system to encourage others.

4. I really want one of Theo's shiny stars! Ha, I'm such a geek. Bring on the 24th.

5. Hi a newbie on here, I was inspired by all the great advice and support on here.
    I just wanted to say CONGRATS to all of you that nave secured jobs.
    GOOD LUCK to the rest thathave interviews coming up........ The advice on here is wonderful and Lara you really are very helpful.
    Let's hope in the near future I will be able to write "yeah I have an interview" and "yeah I got the job".
    Big smiles
    Pocketrocket. [​IMG]

6. Well done to moreteaplease and signoradolores!!!!!!!
    Well I still don't know what the outcome is yet of my interview this morning. The head said either later today or monday morning. So how did it go, you ask? Well okay I would say - the lesson turned out different as I had planned to but explaining could have been better in stages of the 20 minutes. The interview was standard, could have used more in terms of teaching terminology. Who knows?

7. Nice one [​IMG]

8. You sound much more relaxed than before! Now enjoy the weekend...before they get taken up by planning, marking, worries and general manic housework that you couldn't fit into the working week lol!

9. That's an understatement spatel - thinking of sleeping non stop. [​IMG]

10. emmadrg

emmadrg New commenter

Well done signoradolores and moreteaplease and anyone else I have missed. Brain is a befuddled mess right now.
    Sadly, I didn't get the job I went for. They cut the field after lunch and I didn't make it (6 down to 2!). But I was told that my main lesson activity was good, although I could have had tighter control of the students.
    Not too down, as I'm pleased that I got an interview at least. That's one step in the right direction.
    Keeping fingers crossed for the rest of you awaiting news/interviews

11. baileysonice

baileysonice New commenter

Commiserations - I know how disappointed you'll be feeling tonight. However, the first thing that springs to mind from the feedback you got is what's the behaviour like in the school generally? If students don't behave when senior staff are in the room observing a lesson I'd be wondering what they're like usually! You got positive feedback on your lesson activity so that's a definite plus. Keep smiling x

12. Lara mfl 05

Oh, sorry to hear that emmadrq! You have a real excuse for a 'befuddled brain'.
    I know I always feel down after a knock-back. But at least, you were told your lesson activity was good and you've got a definite 'room for improvement' objective for next time.

13. emmadrg

emmadrg New commenter

Thanks guys. I'm in a very philosophical and reflective mood right now, maybe someone put something funny in my tea or the tiredness is making me feel all spaced out. Who knows!
    The behaviour is apparently very good at the school, but I bet there are some pockets of idiocy. There always is in a comprehensive school. One of the teachers said in the staffroom "so who's got the dregs of my group then?". Erm, that would be me, apparently! They were also way off their target grades from the info I was given. Like, WAY off.
    Onwards and upwards, a few more jobs appeared on the TES today, so it's not the end of the world just yet. [​IMG]

14. exactly! And at least you had some feedback you can try and use next time. Good luck for the next one (which I'm sure is just around the corner!!) :)

15. And you know it [​IMG]

16. Good luck everybody. :)

17. Thanks!
    And (of course) good luck to you too, Lara (you're an inspiration...)

I've decided that being chilled and self-confident is better than being over-prepared...

18. Thanks Lara, I have slept 12 hours in the last 15 hours - just knackered after going for a long run yesterday too!!! Feel much better today and have applied for further jobs regardless of the outcome tomorrow. [​IMG]

19. Lara mfl 05

Thanks for that Harry1978.
    In fact last night I was stressing I had no K for Kinaesthetic (as in VAK) opportunity, although I had in my 'future development of this lesson plans' section Then this morning, being refreshed, suddenly realised I'd got it already there, just hadn't 'clocked it' as it was so much part of what I usually do. (Sorry it's infuriatingly vague but want to ensure all ideas come over as my own.)
    In fact I had an opportunity to run my lesson past a former head, now retired and I'm now feeling more confident. Still don't know if it will be classed as outstanding, but that may be a subjective assessment anyway and whether it's realistic to achieve that with a group of unknown children?
    So now the interview questions. . .

20. Good luck Lara - have checked rocket and all is still well. Looking forward to lighting it tomorrow.