1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

FAO all interviewees this week, next . . .

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by baileysonice, Nov 9, 2011.

1. baileysonice

baileysonice New commenter

Baileys - tomorrow (gulp!)

2. Great idea, Lara!!
    !!GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!! :)

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Oh, baileysonice, hadn't 'clocked' it was so soon!
    Well I'll be the first to wish you 'Good Luck for tomorrow' [​IMG]. Fingers crossed.

4. Me too: interview's Monday! (though still don't know what the 'task' will be, or even what time to be there.)
    But at least I *do* know where the school is!

Good luck one and all....

5. Ozzie777

Ozzie777 New commenter

Great idea for a thread Lara. I now have an interview on Tuesday - my 9th. Good luck to all with interviews coming up.

6. Lara mfl 05

Just looging on before going to the hospital to see my consultant, so will be keeping my (right hand only but left 'in spirit') crossed for you today baileysonice!

emmadrq and Harry1978 Try to stay calm for <u>tomorrow</u> for and let's hope someone can let off fireworks this weekend in celebration!
    Best of luck to anyone else who's still preparing for the interviews.

7. Just had my first interview.... lesson & interview bit seemed to go well, but the next candidate might be amazingly awesome. So fingers crossed that I had the 'edge'!! :)

8. modgepodge

modgepodge Established commenter

Great idea Lara!
    Good luck to everyone! (Unless you're up against me of course :p only joking!)
    Just found out I have another interview on Monday!!!
    x

9. Lara mfl 05

Really good to have so much positivity on this thread.
    Well done MoreTeaPlease -don't drink too much or you might miss that vital phone call whilst you have to make the 'dash'!
    Rooting for you.
    Yet another interview modgepodge, wow things are really 'zinging' at the moment. Note to others
    "These executive summaries seem to be working for me [​IMG] "
    So is it tomorrow modgepodge I can't seem to find a mention of a day? If it is -wishing you all the very best. Go show them how fascinating/ intersting/innovative guided reading can be! (Glad you found a set of books to use, although it'll cost you in petrol!)

10. baileysonice

I got it!!! I'm going to be covering PPA 3 days a week starting next week and I'm going back in tomorrow morning to find out more about pupils, planning etc. Head is going to liaise with supply agency about terms and conditions but I'm really pleased. Good luck to everyone going for interviews over next few days!

11. YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!! Hopefully this'll be the start of a 'getting the job streak' for all of us. Well done. :D

12. Lara mfl 05

[​IMG]
    So baileysonice is the first of our successful posters.
    Who will be next I wonder?

13. Hi all first of all congratulations baileysonice (nice name too)!!! [​IMG]
    I have previously just switched off and been isolated in the build up to my other 3 interviews and this time I thought I would stay connected to those who I received help from (on TES). It also occured to me that being unemployed and living off dead supply work makes some of us very disengaged with teaching as a whole. I would like to think that my preparing all of 2 weeks is going to get me back into a FT job. It can be very lonely and although friends and family wish you the best - it can be a very lonely and sodden path.
    Anyway I thought I would mention the above, my emotions are indeed running high before my interview tomorrow, weird feeling (not like before). I think I am going in confident and professional this time - these were lacking before, I feel. Just got to make sure that I deliver exactly what I plan to - so hard under pressure situations like this!!!
    Again many many thanks to Lara and all of you wishing me the best. I also remember that drinks are on me if I get it!!!
    [Now where did I put my shoes..............] [​IMG]

14. lilykitty

lilykitty New commenter

Good luck for Monday poor tom and Modgepodge [​IMG]
    Have found out that I finally have an interview on Tuesday, so veering from high excitement [​IMG]! Will feel better once I've got my lesson sorted.
    Good luck to Ozzie777 for Tuesday too (unless it's the same one as me [​IMG])

15. GOT THE JOB!! Year 3 starting in January! :D

Very excited!! Good luck everyone else!! :)

16. Lara mfl 05

Oh, well done and congratulations! Just going to look for your new 'Dear Theo I got the job' thread, so that's number 2 today!

17. woohoo! Conngggraaaatuuulayshuns![​IMG]
    It's wonderful! Think this is going to be a great weekend (we should have a teachers' equivalent of a hen/ stag night! Before we get tied down in the classroom aisles!!)

18. baileysonice

Mine will be a Baileys of course, Harry! All the very best to you and the other interviewees - if I can succeed after 14 interviews we all can!

19. Lara mfl 05

So Harry, confident and professional- that sounds good.( Do a quick check the colour of the shoes match in the morning!)
    Emmadrq, hope the 'wee risk' pays off.
    Wishing you both well for tomorrow. And anyone else who's got an interview.

20. Congrats to those who got jobs and here comes number 3 - yes I got it!

Thanks for all the support and especially to Lara. Good luck to everyone who has an interview coming up - let us know how you do.