1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Fantasy ideas for year 4

Discussion in 'Primary' started by must be crazy!, Feb 24, 2011.

1. My first year in year 4 and the next unit is this. Been given some ideas, but they are not inspiring me yet. Anyone got any good ideas for this that are tried and tested?
    Thanks in advance - I know the TESers won't let me down!!

2. My first year in year 4 and the next unit is this. Been given some ideas, but they are not inspiring me yet. Anyone got any good ideas for this that are tried and tested?
    Thanks in advance - I know the TESers won't let me down!!

3. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

4. We focused quite heavily on setting and imaginary characters, using figurative language to describe them. We used Harry Potter (film and book) to look at how the details show us that it is an imaginary setting. I kept the plots quite simple on purpose as in previous years the children got so tangled up in complicated plots that the imaginary setting went out the window. I only insist on some kind of danger or problem to make it interesting =)
    I've used Myst in the past to explore imaginary setting and that worked really well also.