1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Fantastically good news!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Bethannie, Mar 16, 2011.

1. Mum was in hospital last week. Unbelievably, she argued her way into the doctors allowing her to have her mastectomy + lymph node removal as a day patient!
    She has obviously been more than a little tired and has had a few rough days, but has quite simply stunned the nurses with her stubborn resilience!
    Today she went back to hospital for her first post-op check, and the initial results.
    The doctor is delighted with her recovery...and even more delighted to tell her they think that initial results show that they have managed to get rid of the whole cancer - and there are no signs of metastasis(?...I think that's the word!)
    Obviously, she'll be having regular checks - every couple of months at first. And she is going to be on Tamoxifen for the foreseeable future. But we have every reason to hope she'll be with us for a good few years yet!

2. smoothnewt

smoothnewt Lead commenter

How wonderful! That's brought a smile to my face.
    It's good to hear some good news! This week has been pretty bleak so far. I shall enjoy raising a glass to your good news! Very best wishes!

3. That is wonderful news beth and I am so pleased for you both.
    C x

4. smoothnewt

smoothnewt Lead commenter

Further to my last post I should add that my mother-in-law had a radical mastectomy when she was in her 40s, and is still going strong at 88. Every reason for you to be optimistic!

5. That's great Bethannie. Make sure she takes good care of herself :)

6. Wonderful news!! What a relief !

7. Excellent news, Beth! Please give her my best wishes for her continuing recovery. xx

8. YES! Mum is nearly 85...so another 48 years would be terrific!.....maybe too optimistic?![​IMG]

9. bnm

bnm

Great news, beth.

10. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

Good news Bethannie. The relief comes shining through your post! Smoothnewt - I love to hear about cases like your m-i-l. , thanks for sharing.

11. catherinaaa

catherinaaa New commenter

Das ist aber super. Ich drueck die Daumen noch! [​IMG]

12. anon468

anon468 New commenter

I'm so pleased to read your news, Beth. Hope your mum continues to make excellent progress and enjoys many more years of good health.

x

13. egyptgirl

egyptgirl Senior commenter

SO pleased for you, Beth! Love to you and your Mum.

14. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

Lovely to read good news. I hope your Mum continues with her recovery xx

15. That's great news for you both.

16. Thanks so much for telling us Bethannie. That has absolutely made my day. Well done to your Mum!

17. Great news, Bethannie x

18. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

[​IMG] Yes, had been wondering. Fair chuffed.

19. PlymouthMaid

PlymouthMaid Occasional commenter

Bethannie, that is fantastic news. Sounds like your Mum will be on a similar regime to my Mum. She got the all clear about a year ago and seems fighting fit now.