1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

fantastic things for classroom Summer 2011 It's that time again!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by deeley, Jul 10, 2011.

1. Love the shoes guys but can't wear heels at all. I would end up with the sorest feet (and a really bad mood) if I wore those all day. I also have an upstairs classroom so would probably break my neck if I had those LOL Those flat ones are nice :)
    I usually go for boring stuff like these
    http://www.clarks.co.uk/find/department-is-women/producttype-is-shoes/product-is-20342881/pgs-is-100 or
    http://www.clarks.co.uk/find/department-is-women/producttype-is-shoes/product-is-20342066/pgs-is-100
    Would love to be able to wear those stylish or trendy shoes but my feet would kill me by 9.30am LOL I envy you all being able to wear them all day :)

2. Ladies - step away from the shoes!

3. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Indeed, there is a whole new thread for shoes...

4. And doesn't my bank balance know it, Minnie! [​IMG]

5. Fitflops for me every time!

6. Back to stationery... [​IMG]
    Decision on whether or not to claim - "could I be parted from it without bloodshed if I moved rooms/year groups/schools???"
    Def in the "no" category... extra extra wide magazine files from Paperchase (only went in out of curiousity because they'd opened a new shop, honest...).
    Not all colour patterns on website and not super-cheap at £7 each but the clear polypropylene ones are really rugged (unlike the cooler looking patterned ones, which are printed kraft card) and at 6" wide, they're big enough for class sets of books and should last for ages...
    Random local bargain - compass/map bag sets in the camping section at our local Asda reduced to 50p each - were over £5 originally.
    C x

7. ... And a free gem (or 6...)
    The little round pots that Activia intensely creamy yoghurts come in are brilliant for PVA glue - not too much in them so you end up wasting loads and hard to tip over, even with a spreader in.
    C x

8. ROSIEGIRL

ROSIEGIRL Lead commenter

I bought my 'back to school' diary today - Paperchase, of course.

9. ROSIEGIRL

ROSIEGIRL Lead commenter

10. ROSIEGIRL

ROSIEGIRL Lead commenter

Sorry, the above link should carry a health warning for the stationery-**** addicts amongst us. The prizes in the competition are from 'Present&Correct'- just clicked on their website. Nice!

11. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Looks lovely...but how is that little set worth £200!!!!

I'll buy some pretty bargain stuff and make a set and sell to anyone for £100 if you want?

12. ROSIEGIRL

ROSIEGIRL Lead commenter

Agreed - for looking only!

13. oooh, lovely!

14. Just back from Poundland - large, strong vinyl tablecloths, bright colours - £1!!!
    Great for dough/creative activities.

15. Miss Piggywig

Miss Piggywig New commenter

I'm going to ikea tomorrow for a circus tent for the reading area,Got lots of prizes for tesco, bubbles, stampers and other bits. Feel a trip to pound land coming up tomorrow too.

16. ROSIEGIRL

ROSIEGIRL Lead commenter

If you have a B&M in your area its worth a look for odds and ends.

17. Went to my local discount store and they had some dry wipe markers similar to these
    http://www.officegiant.co.uk/sharpie-whiteboard-marker-drywipe-low-odour-bullet-tip-2mm-line-blue-ref-s0743901-pack-12.html
    But say Papermate EXPO on the side rather than Sharpie (I think they are the old designed ones)
    12 in a box - £1.60 for a box!!!!!!
    Purchased 3 boxes as the Berol ones schools buy run out so quickly. Will use the school ones then replace them with this. I used the bigger ones at my last school and they lasted all year - I think the Berol ones (like cheap pencils) end up being false economy.

18. dav1970

dav1970 New commenter

Here here! It's really worth investing in a decent sized memory drive rather than one of these memory sticks that have hardly any space on and go missing. I've just bought a 500gb Western Digital drive, same size as an iPod and I'll never have to worry about using up the space!

Cheers
    David