1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

fantastic things for classroom Summer 2011 It's that time again!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by deeley, Jul 10, 2011.

1. ROSIEGIRL

ROSIEGIRL Lead commenter

So ... have just been to Staples and they have some handy bits and bobs in their 80% off sale - especially if you have a prize box. I think you can see them on the 'Back to School' leaflet on their website.

2. ROSIEGIRL

ROSIEGIRL Lead commenter

Definitely not!

3. Pop in to Ikea they have a good choice of big & small boxes, pencil pots etc all at a good price.

4. Poundland have got some great stationery items, including good prize ideas - everything £1 as well!

5. parallel

parallel New commenter

Cutlery trays from the pound shop :)

6. I got some lovely boxes for my classroom tables to store books, whiteboards, pens etc.., in for £1.49 from Homebase. They come in a range of gorgeous bright colours. [​IMG]

7. My OH refers to it as 'teacher ****'!

8. This thread is great for ideas! For those of you who have a prize box, in Tesco at the moment are both boys
    Party gifts. For £4 you get 6 pencils, 6 mini pens, 6 mini notepads and 6 rubbers. I thought they were really good value.

9. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

I wouldn't have even thought of Homebase!
    Might pop in tomorrow on my way to IKEA.

10. I love the Glis boxes too got them a few years ago but now cant get them in Gateshead going to have to be cheeky and ask a friend in Birmingham to get them for me and give them to her mum!

11. Thanks I needed an excuse to visit IKEA. Got one now

12. There are some bargains to be had in staples at the moment, Plastic wallets, 10 for 15p. And protractors were only 15p for any maths teachers (thats the 180 degree ones). Plenty more, rubbers, sharpeners, plastic envelopes for resources all very very cheap!

13. Hi, its my NQT year and I was wondering what cloths were the best to clean whiteboards :)

14. Remember Woolworths online still has some stuff, nice little pen pots for £5

15. Poundland stock these in a range of colours!

16. deeley

deeley New commenter

hi again bargain hunters!.
    Have been to home bargains this morning, actually for storage for home and the kids bedrooms, and bought clear boxes with lids for £1 and yellow plastic handled small oval buckets for 79p. The oval buckets in particular are lovely, and I bought some last week for my classroom too, for my book area.
    Everything I buy is getting my name in permanent pen on the base, so when I go anywhere, there's no dispute about it coming with me :)
    BTW Asda have quite a nice sale on at the moment, Garden toys reduced, good if you, like me, have your own children to occupy in the holiday. but also there were some decent reductions on stationary.
    don't spend it all :)

17. great idea - lots of options cheers :)

18. Weezy18

Weezy18 New commenter

Home Bargains is good for bits and bobs. I usually pick stuff up during the year when it's on offer in shops like Tesco or Wilkos. I am moving schools in September and popped to Ikea last week. I got some of the rails and pots (had them in my old school and felt bad un-screwing them and taking them with me even tho they were mine!) They had some cheap tubs with compartments in that would be handy for continous provision.
    There are two summer fayres near me this weekend and I thought I'd pop along and have a look at the brick-a-brack stalls and toy stalls to see if I can pick anything up for my classroom.
    Scrapstores are fab. I've been to one and for £2.50 had a massive bucket I could fill with stuff. There is one just opened near where my husband works so I think I'll pop to that one too.
    I keep my whiteboards in the plastic zipper wallets. One per child that contains a whiteboard, pen and rubber. Stops them fussing! My new school just has them on the table so will be changing that I think!
    The best pencil pots I have ever had came from America but I need one mor enow I have a bigger class! My sister got them from me and the store has a website. Think it's called the container store. She said it was like teacher heaven in there!

19. Does anyone know where to buy A4 plastic zipper wallets cheap?
    Thanks
    K

20. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Normal jayclothes that you get in the washing up section of supermarkets. Buy the cheapest they have and cut each one into quarters. Once they wear out or become revolting, give a new one.