1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Fantastic Supply Agency......

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by pdo09, Feb 22, 2011.

1. Am working as a supply teacher in bristol and am with a fantastic agency!!! I get work every day - mostly per-booked avoiding the uncertainty in the mornings of 'will they call, won't they call'....

Is there anyone in Bristol/South Gloucestershire interested in hearing more details?? You can also claim expenses for petrol getting 40p per mile which is amazing!!

2. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

At the risk of sounding overly suspicious here, why would anyone's first post in the TES Forum sound uncannily like promotional material for an Agency, unless the poster was part of said Agency?

I mean seriously, at a time of great job scarcity you've found the Holy Grail of Supply teaching and you want to share it with loads of others who'll take work off you?

Pull the other one.

3. i'm guessing you work for this 'fantastic' agency[​IMG]

4. my god aren't you lot a very negative group!!!!!!! No I do not work for this agency, I'm a teacher two and having finally found an agency who is actually interested in helping me work I was going to share the info!! I also get a bonus for referring new teachers to the agency so there is a bonus in it for me but I get paid regardless so suit yourselves.....

Anyone who is interested in actually finding out please mail me

5. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

So you get a bonus. Guess what - I must have had countless requests from agencies wanting to help me recruit for them for a bonus.
    Think about it - you get more people on their books and then there is more competition for the rather limited supply pool available. You could of course be an incredibly generous person willing to share the joys of this wonderful agency or you could be shooting yourself in the foot by potentially increasing competition for supply jobs.
    If you hear about a good thing for you, keep it to yourself. It's a tough world out there.

6. Ever heard the phrase 'Nothing good to say...don't say anything at all'

Like before....anyone who is not getting work and is interested let me know! I am confident in my references and abilities to not worry about loosing the regular work which I have with schools. Everyone has to start somewhere, its up to you then to shine

7. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Welcome to the TES forums! And ***, how difficult is it to spell "losing"? I really can't understand the problem people have with this.

8. Yay its a wannabe MLM marketing agent[​IMG],...count me in!!!
    Now please just leave us alone to sulk and grumble in our little corner of misery.

9. lrw22

lrw22 Occasional commenter

I'm happy with my supply agency. I'm not in the south west so it's not the one this post is about but there are some good agencies out there. Will now leave you to sulk and grumble in your little corner of misery!!

10. Agents getting increasingly desperate.
    Is it time to finally jump ship?

11. It is nice to read a positive post. I am doing okay in supply at the moment and I am very happy with two of my agencies, a little disappointed with two and cannot see the point of the other two but they didn`t coerce me into yet more CRB`s so not to worry. I am not in Bristol or the south west and I am not revealing the names of the agencies because I am not allowed to and quite honestly I wouldn`t tell others where my work comes from! However confident er are of our abilities it is horrendously difficult out there and I do not think any of us should be blase about the mess that is education. Cuts make all of us vulnerable.

12. vou

vou

Yes - I agree. Sorry but will go and sulk quietly in corner too!!

13. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Commissioned salesperson. Thought so.
    I like my agency, who can still get me work paid to scale. Even if this Forum's T&Cs allowed me to name them I wouldn't. Much as I respect my fellow supply teachers on here I have no plans to share my workload with them ;-)

14. Talk of agencies always seems to spur these interesting conversations. I'm not sure if many of you are aware of the new teaching agency review site, Rate My Teaching Agency (link in profile, don't want to spam here), but it's a great place to see what others are saying about their agency and also post your own experiences.

From my own experience and from what others are saying, it seems like supply teachers are really feeling the pinch in terms of amount of work. While much of it has to do with simple economics, some teachers seem to be having better experiences if they are with agencies that do not over-recruit teachers. Finding the right agency is definitely a major factor.

15. RMTA, all you're doing is advertising and promoting teaching agencies.
    How are you really helping supply teachers? You're certainly aiming at suckering naive NQTs !

16. littleguide,

I'm sorry you feel that way, but that is not the case at all. The purpose of the site is to educate teachers who already plan on joining an agency. Teachers are going to research agencies on their own anyway. What RMTA does is list them all in one place where teachers can share their experiences and make educated decisions. I don't see how this does not help supply teachers, many of which--especially NQTs and teachers from abroad--are overwhelmed by the number of agencies out there.

Like other review sites, Trip Advisor for example, all ratings and reviews are done by teachers themselves. The site does not rate or review agencies. That said, I hope you will reconsider your view of the site as it was started with only good intentions and many teachers have commented on its usefulness.

17. Think: If something sounds too good to be true THAN IT IS UNTRUE! Are you suggesting the nation's unemployed supply teachers all move to the Bristol/Bath area immediately????
    Sounds like one devious scam to me! Yet another agency representative in the guise of a supply teacher touting for business. Travel expenses at 40/mile??? What a lie?[​IMG]

18. Can I ask who is paying for RMTA?

19. RMTA= Rocky Mountain Trekking Association, Remedial MassageTherapy Association etc etc so what???
    Rating any supply teacher agency= profiteering, exploitative, dishonest and totally unscrupulous!!!!!

20. Q: "..who is paying for RMTA ?"

A: The agencies who advertise themselves on the site. Their self praise is truly glowing.