1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Fantastic book: Harris Burdick: Fancy shared writing project with my class?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Mr G, Mar 13, 2011.

1. Title says it all.
    First, if you haven't heard of it please check out "The mysteries of Harris Burdick." 14 pictures to inspire creative writing. My Year 5 class would like to share their writing or write collaboratively with your children.
    Interested? Email me paulgreenwood59 at btinternet.com

2. Title says it all.
    First, if you haven't heard of it please check out "The mysteries of Harris Burdick." 14 pictures to inspire creative writing. My Year 5 class would like to share their writing or write collaboratively with your children.
    Interested? Email me paulgreenwood59 at btinternet.com

3. I have a copy of this - full poster sized prints ... to sell on, now I am not teaching. Offers to gertie@grumbles.me.uk

Have not put it on my book sale and free posters website yet ... www,grumbles,me.uk ... maybe should do.... but, as they are such fantastic pictures as stimulus of creative and inventive story writing, have not done so yet!

4. tpt51

tpt51 New commenter

Hi

I have just ordered a copy of this book - it looks great for independent writing as well as a stimulus for P4C. What did you have in mind for collaborative writing? I am sure my Y5s would be up for something like that - where do you teach?

5. Hi
    I was thinking that classes could share their stories using one of the following ways:
    Blog - other children to leave comments;
    Wiki or Google docs - children edit each others work or take it in turns to write a chapter.
    I am happy to set things up.
    Interested?