1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Famous people who have studies RS / Theology?

Discussion in 'Religious Education' started by rachymac, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Hi everyone,

Wondering if anyone can help - I'm on PGCE placement in a school at the moment and have offered to put together a careers noticeboard for the RE department prior to the school's open night. I have lots of information about the skills that RE develops and the careers these can be useful in, but I was hoping to also include a couple of famous people who studied RS / Theology at university. I have a funny feeling I heard somewhere that the actor Jake Gyllenhall studied it at college, but apart from that I'm having trouble finding any...

If anyone knows of any more I could include, please let me know!

2. Hi everyone,

Wondering if anyone can help - I'm on PGCE placement in a school at the moment and have offered to put together a careers noticeboard for the RE department prior to the school's open night. I have lots of information about the skills that RE develops and the careers these can be useful in, but I was hoping to also include a couple of famous people who studied RS / Theology at university. I have a funny feeling I heard somewhere that the actor Jake Gyllenhall studied it at college, but apart from that I'm having trouble finding any...

If anyone knows of any more I could include, please let me know!

3. The posters of famous people are great we used it as part of a display on where could RE take you.

4. Fantastic, thank you - will check that out now!

esimms2 likes this.
  5. It was in a guardian / observer interview few weeks ago that one of JLS was in the middle of an RS or Theology degree at uni before leaving to join the band. He had very successfully studied the subject at A Level.

Can;t remember which one though!

6. Fantastic, will check that out - any mention of JLS will definitely get some of them interested, anyway!

7. If your display needs refreshing, I've updated the posters to include a few new celebs and hopefully better text formatting!

8. racbre

racbre New commenter

Just to add to that list, Hugh Bonneville from Downton Abbey & Notting Hill studied Theology at Corpus Christi College, Cambridge

9. shamsh

shamsh Occasional commenter

I'm pretty sure that Ed and David Miliband both studied PPE at Oxford.

10. Miles Jupp , comedian, studied Theology .