1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Famous authors

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by aylingsophie, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Hi all, I'm doing a half term topic on famous people and have decided to take it in the direction of famous authors with my yr r class. I was thinking Eric carle and Julia donaldson and was wondering if anyone had any other suggestions plus ideas etc as really want to make it fun and inspiring. We have to follow whole school themes and last few topics have been tough for such little ones-want to make up for it this term!!
    Thank you!

2. choralsongster

choralsongster New commenter

What about Giles Andreae (Purple Ronnie) who has written quite a lot of kids books, as well as adult ones.

3. I like Mick Inkpen. Blue Balloon, Billy's Beetle, Threadbarebear, Kipper stories (the dog from Blue Balloon), Wibbly pig stories, Jasper's Beanstalk, One Bear at Bedtime etc.

4. Nick Sharratt is v good. Shark in the park, you choose, mixed up fairytales, dear mother goose , ketchup in your cornflakes and retellings of classic stories. and many more. Trish Cooke : so much, catch, full full full of love Mr pam pam lovely warm stories. Rod Campbell: Dear zoo, oh dear, my presents. Nice repetitive lines and you can make flap books in the style of. Enjoy the topic, eve

5. Margaret Wild, Mem Fox - rhythmic repetitive texts and excellent illustrations.