1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Family Guy theme song

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Vladimir, Oct 15, 2015.

?

Is the earlier version, in which you can hear Brian in the last 4 bars, better than the later one?

1. Yes

66.7%
  2. No

33.3%
  1. Vladimir

Vladimir Senior commenter

In the earlier series of the show, you can clearly hear Brian in the last four bars. In later series, this has been changed, and you can no longer hear Brian. I spend most of the show pondering this, and in doing so, I miss most of the jokes. I am posting a poll to find out what other viewers think.

2. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Are you perchance watching the sequence of episodes where Brian has died and been replaced by de Niro lookalike Vinnie, or is this some new development that BBC viewers won't see for another three years?

3. TES_Will

TES_Will New commenter

It's from when they initially got cancelled by Fox. Everything with Brian's voice (and Chris being more distinguishable in the first 2 series too) is something like the first 2/3 series. As soon as I hear Brian in the theme I tend to switch off. I thought the earlier episodes were a lot more contrived and under developed.

4. WaylonWu

WaylonWu Established commenter

Just voted. The original with Brian is far better.

Vladimir likes this.
  5. Vladimir

Nope! It is long before Vinny and Brian's voice has been removed from series 4, just after Stewie says 'Laugh and cry'. In series 1 to 3 you hear Brian singing off-beat in downward cadence in the last three bars. Have a listen:

Hear it now? If not, please avoid all karaoke machines in the future.

6. Vladimir

What? You think a badly-drawn cartoon with a bipedal, talking canine that dates humans; an evil genius of a baby with a time-machine, a weapons-vault in his bedroom and an advanced vocabulary, a penchant for destroying the world and who turns out to be Da Vinci and the creator of the universe and an obese man who fights a giant chicken from time to time and ends up naked in almost every episode, is contrived? You should see 'American Dad'!

Did FG get axed because it used parody as a way to ridicule politics? Still, it's back again now. Free speech is getting to be quite a rare thing these days.

7. magic surf bus

I know that only Brian (and maybe Chris) and people unconnected to the family are supposed to understand Stewie, but what I don't get is when Stewie talks to Brian at meal time and Brian responds, why don't the other family members ask Brian what he's talking about and to whom?

8. sabrinakat

sabrinakat Star commenter

Yes, I wondered that......

9. Vladimir

I love the fact that you are all taking this so seriously, when, folks, it's a cartoon! It's a bit of nonsense done for fun. Many things don't add up. Who cares? Just enjoy it. As to the Brian/Stewie thing, when the series overlapped, the cast of 'American Dad' asked the same question.

10. monicabilongame

monicabilongame Star commenter

This is one of those programmes that I simply don't 'get' - anyone want to explain what the draw is?

11. Vladimir

It's funny. That's it really. They say the politically incorrect things we want to say, but can't. It can be outrageous when you don't expect it, which is funny, in case you didn't know.

12. magic surf bus

Gross out humour and razor-sharp satirical dialogue. Also unusual characterisation. It's not to everyone's taste.