1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Family Games Suggestions

Discussion in 'Personal' started by JTL, Nov 14, 2019.

1. shakes16

shakes16 New commenter

2Faced board game.
    A game of ethics where whoever wins must be 2-faced. You can get lost in this game for hours.

2. Jamvic

Jamvic Star commenter

Is that marketed specifically to school SMT’s? Just joking btw, before anyone jumps down my throat.
    Disclaimer: SMT’s may come in ethical flavours too.

bombaysapphire likes this.
  3. Oscillatingass

Oscillatingass Star commenter

Though not in my experience.

bombaysapphire and Jamvic like this.
  4. HelenREMfan

HelenREMfan Star commenter

lindenlea likes this.
  5. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

At the December Vintage Fair I usually dig out my box of traditional boardgames and a few of them sell, often to senior people who are desperate to get their grandkids off portable devices for an hour or so on Christmas Day.

6. gargs

gargs Star commenter

7. Doitforfree

Doitforfree Star commenter

Never have I ever. Everyone gets five points (pennies,or fingers, oyf you have honest family members). Take it in turns to say never have I ever done... The idea is to say something you haven't done but other people will have. If they have they lose a point. It gets very rude in our family, like all games.

Water game. Have a small cup of water or a water pistol. One person in the middle chooses a category and thinks of one thing from it (planets, colours, prime ministers, anything). Everyone has to pick one in turn and if they say the one that the person in the middle was thinking of they get the water thrown on them. If no one picks it then the person in the middle has to get the water on themselves

8. RepelloInimicum

RepelloInimicum Lead commenter

I have fond memories of playing this with my grandparents (and parents) at Xmases many years ago. My grandma had a knack of managing to 'lose' a card and then find it just when she needed it!

sunshineneeded likes this.
  9. sunshineneeded

sunshineneeded Lead commenter

We like Articulate and Trivs - and any general knowledge type games. Haven't played Newmarket for years now, but happy memories of playing it as a child at Christmas and in the evenings on caravan holidays.
    We've always played different versions of the Categories game, which you can now get as a board game - Scattegories (there'll always be someone to make a fortune out of an old idea) !!!!