1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Fake bake

Discussion in 'Personal' started by pastychucker, Jun 19, 2011.

1. or fake tan..
    What happens when you go to a place and get a fake tan? What's it like?
    Does everyone come out orange or can you just get a light tan?
    How much would an average cost be?
    Would anyone with experience be willing to share please?

2. or fake tan..
    What happens when you go to a place and get a fake tan? What's it like?
    Does everyone come out orange or can you just get a light tan?
    How much would an average cost be?
    Would anyone with experience be willing to share please?

3. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Brush yourself with beaten egg before baking. You should go a nice golden colour.

4. I was thinking more along the line of exfoliating but if you think an eggwash will be better...

5. When are you going to get your spray tan? Exfoliate and moisturise well in the days up to having it done. They do use a barrier cream on stubbornly dry areas so the colour is even.
    I've had a few spray tans and really likes the last Fake Bake one I had, it lasted for nearly a week and faded very evenly. I had mine done at home and paid £20, obviously a salon would probably charge you more.

6. When I've had my fake tans done it's always the same routine. Get down to undies (or they may provide paper knickers), put a hair net on to hold hair back and then stand in a booth and be sprayed by a woman. Once sprayed over stand still for 10 mins with a fan on me to dry me off then get dressed when dry.
    I prefer having the tan at the salon to doing it at home but the last fake tan I used was Fake Bake and it did give a very good colour. OH had to spray me and he claimed it was just like priming a large model soldier! Fake Bake cost me £20 which was only slightly chaper than having it done professionally.

7. Thank you for the answers

8. Crowbob

Crowbob Established commenter

[​IMG]

9. I had one at a salon last week. It was St Tropez rather than Fake Bake but I'm always happy with the colour. You can ask for it lighter or darker but it will always look awful until you wash the marker dye off.
    I paid £19. I showered and expoliated a couple of hours before - don't use any moisturiser except on your knees, elbows and feet (some salons provide this but not all) - stripped down to paper knickers, sprayed by a woman, which took about five minutes, left to dry for 15 mins, showered it off the next morning, even light tan. I tip her handsomely for having to look at my withered sagging body.

10. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

i dont mind being paid to look at withered bodies ...it'll save the woman having t do the job![​IMG]

oh can i spray you..i like the idea of spraying .reminds me of spraying motorbikes or cars!

11. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Do they charge by size? Is it cheaper for a skinny woman than a fat one?

12. If you are going to have a salon tan done you must keep moisturising afterwards or it will fade very quickly. You won't be able to shower for 12 hours afterwards either so make sure you plan your time wisely.

13. Blimey..may have to take out a second mortgage if they do.
    Thank you pff for the advice.

14. Make sure you wear very loose dark clothes when you go as well.

15. What is with the paper knickers?
    Why not just go nude full stop? It is woman spraying you after all.
    Doesn't that mean you have a white bum?

16. oldsomeman

who is gonna see it..beside white bum means you have target area lol

17. oldsomeman

jut thinking .if it was a man having the tan sprayed on would he want a tanned will y?

18. Oh dear.
    I decline the knickerless option out of modesty but I believe the all-over is the norm.

19. Me! In the mirror [​IMG]

20. blazer

blazer Star commenter