1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Fairy Tales planning?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by giraffe77, Dec 19, 2010.

1. Hiya, being a bit cheeky I know, but was wondering if anyone had any exemplar planning for a 6-week themed unit of 'fairy tales' in a Year 1 class? I've never done the topic as a whole before, and am feeling a bit unsure of where to start. Have done 2-week units before, e.g. Jack and the Beanstalk during a unit on growth, but really want to concentrate on writing after Christmas and thought this topic would be ideal to cover all aspects of the curriculum. Was thinking 'materials' in science, 'maps' in geog, loads of drama, art, music, not sure about history! Maths, I'll mostly keep separate, and literacy speaks for itself.
    Any help greatly appreciated! Thanks

2. oh yeah, and my email is hollyv71@hotmail.co.uk
    ...let me know if you send anything, as I don't check it that often! Thanks

3. skellig1182

skellig1182 New commenter

We linked this unit with materials. Billy goats gruff and Goldilocks. Chn designed and made a chair for baby bear. You could get them to make wanted posters for goldilocks or the Troll.

4. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Lead commenter

in this area plays and action come to mnd, letting them play characters and creatures......they have the immagination!. modeling with playdough,creating a scene,working withmaterials etc?