1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Faintest of faint lines...dare I begin to hope...?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by Complicated_Bear, Jan 9, 2012.

1. I know lots of people have already read my recent concerns on the TTC thread about my LP, low temperatures, spotting before AF beginning etc, but have decided to post this in a new thread as I feel bad for having taken over that thread the last few days.
    My post ov temps have been fairly low this month, and have only had 3 temps at or above 36.45. The last few days they have been fluctatuing between 36.35 and 36.20, dipping below my coverline twice. I began my usual spotting on Thursday at 10dpo, and my breasts have been painful since 2dpo, becoming extremely painful by the middle of last week. AF usually arrives properly by 12dpo, sometimes earlier. By Saturday my breasts had become much less painful, and by yesterday the spotting had basically stopped (until just before bed when I had more when I wiped...sorry for TMI). This still no AF and FF is telling me I can test, which last night I was reluctant to do due to the spotting and my temps being low. However this morning my temp had gone up to 36.45, so up with my highest of the cycle. I didn't sleep great (but did have at least 4 hours) which I know can affect it, and the room felt very warm as well so perhaps that's it.
    I haven't had a chance to POAS for 8 months, and have had one sitting in the cupboard since then so I thought I'd give it a go (14dpo). I used an ASDA test which says you can test up to 4 days early so I guess it's equivalent to the Early Response ones. I think I've got the faintest of faint lines...I know they say a line is a line and congrats and all that, but this was seriously faint. I've wandered round the house peering at it in natural and artificial light, wondering if it's there or if I'm imagining it. Now I don't know what to think! I know none of you have a crystal ball, and I'll have to wait and see if AF starts, or take test again in a couple of days, but just needed to tell someone...

2. I know lots of people have already read my recent concerns on the TTC thread about my LP, low temperatures, spotting before AF beginning etc, but have decided to post this in a new thread as I feel bad for having taken over that thread the last few days.
    My post ov temps have been fairly low this month, and have only had 3 temps at or above 36.45. The last few days they have been fluctatuing between 36.35 and 36.20, dipping below my coverline twice. I began my usual spotting on Thursday at 10dpo, and my breasts have been painful since 2dpo, becoming extremely painful by the middle of last week. AF usually arrives properly by 12dpo, sometimes earlier. By Saturday my breasts had become much less painful, and by yesterday the spotting had basically stopped (until just before bed when I had more when I wiped...sorry for TMI). This still no AF and FF is telling me I can test, which last night I was reluctant to do due to the spotting and my temps being low. However this morning my temp had gone up to 36.45, so up with my highest of the cycle. I didn't sleep great (but did have at least 4 hours) which I know can affect it, and the room felt very warm as well so perhaps that's it.
    I haven't had a chance to POAS for 8 months, and have had one sitting in the cupboard since then so I thought I'd give it a go (14dpo). I used an ASDA test which says you can test up to 4 days early so I guess it's equivalent to the Early Response ones. I think I've got the faintest of faint lines...I know they say a line is a line and congrats and all that, but this was seriously faint. I've wandered round the house peering at it in natural and artificial light, wondering if it's there or if I'm imagining it. Now I don't know what to think! I know none of you have a crystal ball, and I'll have to wait and see if AF starts, or take test again in a couple of days, but just needed to tell someone...

3. I can understand your reluctance - but do a digital one - that way, there's no is there/isn't there.
    I really hope it's good news for you - what an amazing start to 2012 it would be.

4. I reckon a line is a line. Put it against a sheet of white paper. I dont know much about temping but feeling too.hot is definitely a sign in my experience. When you get a bfp depends on when implantation occurs and how you metabolise the hormones. Everything crossed for you :)

5. Thanks both. Keep going back to look at it and there's definitely a line, albeit faint (although of course now it's after the 15 minutes discard time, but I'm sure it was forming by 3 minutes). Reading the FAQ's in the box told me that they're are sensitive to 15 mIU...from what I can see about CB digitals online I think they are 25mIU...so might buy one but wait to use it given how faint the first one is. I'm keeping everything crossed for myself (very nervous though as last time I had faint positives I had a very early mc).

6. Coolgiraffe

Coolgiraffe Occasional commenter

I hope it is positive for you! That would be a great start to the year.
    If you're going to do a digital test make sure you've saved up a lot of urine so it's as strong as can be then it will be as close to first morning urine as possible.
    I had a faint positive on a supermarket test cheapie, then that evening I did a digital and it said 1-2 weeks.
    Fingers crossed xxxxxxx

7. I've always taken the policy of if it's visible outside in natural light, without twisting your head/arms/legs and it has some colour to it (rather than an evap) it's a line. None of the lunacy of taking photos of it and inverting them to a negative (seen people resort to that one) or the like.

Wouldn't waste cash on a digi this early - sounds like the Asda cheapie is more sensitive and a digi's quite likely to still show negative. You know the drill though - first morning pee - if it's strong enough to blow your head off the better, time it and don't read after (no fishing them out of the bin) etc etc and good luck.

8. Eeeek! Hoping this is it for you Complicated! Fingers crossed! x x

9. If temp is still up tomorrow morning (or preferably gone up again) and if AF still hasn't arrived then I will test first thing. Keep feeling really wet 'down there' and go running off to the loo thinking AF has started, but is actually just CM, sometimes blood tinged and sometimes not really blood but not quite the right colour. Will see what tonight and tomorrow brings. I think I have about everything I can do crossed! I will keep you updated!

10. This happened to me. Tested day af was due and after about twenty minutes I got a very faint line. Over that weekend pee'd on every cheaper brand and again after ages got a faint line. I finally cracked and bought a digital and I'm now 22 weeks pregnant.

Good luck for tomorrow, I've everything crossed for you. Xx

11. Cripes Sheila, that's flying!! Pop on and see us on ttc for ages, would love to hear all about your bump!! Xx

12. Well, temp still up today, no higher so still shamefully low really, but high by my standards this cycle and definitely higher than 2, 3, 4 days ago. Decided to do the test based on the fact that as I have a 2 pack, if it came up BFN I could do another one in a few days if needed. Sat on the bed waiting with everything crossed and........
    BFP!!!!!!!! I think I am actually in shock!! For the first time ever in taking a clearblue digitial test it says 'pregnant, 1-2 weeks'.
    I will admit to having had a happy little cry already! Thank you so much for all your support yesterday! Now just hoping the spotting stops (I know it can be normal but is still worrying) and that this little bean of mine sticks!

13. trish82

trish82 New commenter

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! It's quite a feeling isn't it?! I remember taking a Clearblue Digital test way back, onlt for it to say Pregnant - 2-3 weeks...and now I'm almost 25 weeks pregnant!!

Yay for you!!!
    Trish xx
    ps...a happy cry is more than acceptable!!

14. sabby81

sabby81 New commenter

OMG I swear I am so emotional and I don't even know you! What fantastic news :) I am soooo soooo happy!!! Please, please take good care of yourself. Take plenty of rest and eat healthily as possible - give that little baby of yours a lovely home to grow in! CONGRATULATIONS xxxxxxxx

15. Fantastic News!!!
    Congratulations - really pleased you got your BFP
    Take Care of yourself and your little Bean
    Good Luck xxxx

16. Congratulations! I bet you can't stop staring at the 'Pregnant 1-2 weeks' - I know I couldn't when I was pregnant. I love love love hearing about succesful stories and makes me feel quite emotional. I'm really happy for you.
    Take care of yourself (and LO!) and enjoy your pregnancy.
    Congrats once again
    xx

17. daisy_chain

daisy_chain New commenter

Congratulations so happy for you! Xx

18. Huge congratulations CB [​IMG]

19. Coolgiraffe

Coolgiraffe Occasional commenter

Wow that's brilliant! I'd been following this over the past couple of days and when I saw your post today I welled up with joy!
    Many congratulations, I will keep everything crossed that your little bean stays put! The running to the toilet feeling 'wet' will probably go on for quite a while. I didn't believe my little bean would stick and kept going to the loo to check but I'm now 34 weeks with a huge bump. Hope everything goes really well. Just take good care of your self, folic acid every day and lots of good luck!
    Coolgiraffe xxx

20. Fantastic news, I've started tearing up, about to go to a staff meeting but never mind. I am so happy for you. xxx