1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Failure

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Lindy621n, Dec 23, 2010.

1. I qualified as a primary teacher in July 2009 and since then have been doing supply while applying more long term jobs but unfortunantly have been unsuccessful. I have completed four terms of doing supply I have now been told that I am not allowed to to do more than four terms on supply without completing one term within a school but how I'm I supposed to do that when no one will hire me so what I'm I supposed to do???
    Linda

2. I have a feeling that you can apply for an extention to supply work. But I might be wrong, or they may have changed the rules since I did it. I would speak to your agency, they may be able to help or put you forward for long term supply.

3. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

I cant offer you much advice...except can you ask some one to read your letters and cv for you?Just to check you are getting it correct.Then apply and make th eppoint of going to the school if you can.
    Look on the head teachers section where folks have asked about applications...........there they gave some solid advice which might be worth reading