1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Failed Teaching Placement

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by HonoriaGlossop, May 4, 2012.

1. What can I do now? I think I can still get the PGCE without QTS? I'm going to be incredibly cross if I've just wasted the last two years. I'm pretty cross wih how my teaching placement was handled, to be fair, but it's done now.

2. What can I do now? I think I can still get the PGCE without QTS? I'm going to be incredibly cross if I've just wasted the last two years. I'm pretty cross wih how my teaching placement was handled, to be fair, but it's done now.

3. looks like this might happen to me also. Can anyone enlighten? Thanks

4. Fingers crossed it doesn't, Mr. Dave (I'm assuming you're a Mister, my apologies if not) - why do you think you're going to fail your TP?

5. modgepodge

modgepodge Occasional commenter

Can you retake the placement? People on my PGCE failed a placement and retook the next term. I don't think a PGCE qualification without QTS would be worth anything?

6. It's £720 and 3 months to retake. I may retake, I may not, depends on the finances. It's still a qualification.

7. This was something i feared on my last placement and due to my poor mental state i was granted a deferral. I think if you've passed all your assignments then its seems common sense to reward you with some sort of recognition for passing the academic part of the course. As the assignments are at masters level having them surely would indicate a higher level of education.

But I must stay I am curious of the outcome of failing a placement.

8. Just enquiring really, what are the reasons behind for failing?