1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Facebook

Discussion in 'Education news' started by hammie, Sep 7, 2017.

1. hammie

hammie Lead commenter

when did these posts start being posted to facebook?
    Can I block that happening?
    If not, this will be my last post.

2. galerider123

galerider123 Established commenter

What happened, Hammie?

needabreak likes this.
  3. needabreak

needabreak Star commenter

4. peggylu

peggylu Star commenter

Can you screenshot some TES posts that have appeared on Facebook from here @hammie to show us. This would concern me too.

lizziescat, Ellakits and needabreak like this.
  5. needabreak

Hammie where are you? You can't leave us in suspense :eek:... what are you referring to?

6. hammie

hammie Lead commenter

my latest post suddenly appeared on the TES Facebook account/page . I've never posted work related anything on facebook for lots of reasons especially as it gives my full name, workplace etc.
    So if TES insist on linking the two, I will no longer be able to post on here which is a shame as I enjoy one of the few forums which usually remains focussed on debate rather than personal abuse.

num3bers and needabreak like this.
  7. needabreak

Ooh have they removed It? I have given up on faceache a while back and never really followed tes on there.

8. FrankWolley

FrankWolley Star commenter

9. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Lead commenter

Indeed I can

10. ridleyrumpus

ridleyrumpus Occasional commenter

I sincerely hope none are going onto Faceache esp the dilemmas page.

needabreak likes this.
  11. storifiedart

storifiedart New commenter

I can see it - the comments you've made on there are clearly visible as the real you as you've got the same profile pic and it does indeed show your name.

12. Stiltskin

Stiltskin Occasional commenter

I can't see anything.

13. lizziescat

lizziescat Star commenter Forum guide

I couldn't see anything but....
    From TES user guide (it won't allow me to 'quote' it properly)
    Please remember the need for anonymity when posting about sensitive issues in this forum or in the rest of the Community site.

It is advisable to protect your identity.

So with this in mind:

Please do not post under your real name

Please do not mention too many details that could make you or your place of work easily identifiable.

Please make sure that you have displayed your username on the site before you post on the forums.

If your anonymity has been compromised @hammie (by tes flouting it's own code of conduct :eek:?) you might like to email help@tes.com
    I shall tag @TES_Rosaline as well on your behalf as any suggestion of a lack of anonymity is likely to lose a good number of potential and long standing posters

14. Moony

Moony Lead commenter

I can't see anything that strikes of cross feeding from here to facebook but I'm also concerned. I generally don't make a big thing about working as a teacher on facebook because that's for me to catch up with people socially etc.

15. Moony

Moony Lead commenter

Actually I've just found you commenting on something. It looks like you posted a comment to a news article. Back in the day the website handled that with your TES ID but I noticed some time ago that it wanted to use facebook so I've stopped commenting on those.

16. Moony

Moony Lead commenter

17. TES_Rosaline

TES_Rosaline Administrator Staff Member

Hello @hammie,

The comment has been removed.

Thank you @lizziescat for alerting me to the situation.

18. peggylu

peggylu Star commenter

I'm glad that @hammie 's post has been removed but can our posts from TES still just appear on Facebook under our Facebook/real names or not? @TES_Rosaline as I've found the posts above confusing.

Also @Moony what do you mean by 'commenting on a news article' do you mean the education news thread? Is it just these posts appearing on Facebook.

19. Moony

Moony Lead commenter

The TES is a news outlet, it publishes articles in its print edition as well as its online edition. If you comment on an article it wasn't you to log in via Facebook not use your TES account.

20. peggylu

peggylu Star commenter

Thank you for trying to explain the situation to me.

Just to ensure I'm understanding 100% correctly, if I read a news article in the main TES publication i.e...

https://www.tes.com/news/school-news

...(nothing to do with the Community threads at all). Then, any comment I add in response to an article I read requires me to sign in with my Facebook account and my response post would appear on my own Facebook page as well as on TES.

Is that correct?