1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Facebook photo albums

Discussion in 'Personal' started by impis, Feb 4, 2011.

1. impis

impis New commenter

I know its probably for the best, but i'm a bit miffed. Facebook has altered how you view photographs. They seem to be embedded within a flash slideshow and you no longer have the ability to right click on them, and chose to save them to your pc. My daughter used to post her pictures of the family on there and i'd download them that way. Now it will be frustrating as i'll be able to see them but not download them.
    I can see why its better, generally, to remove the ability to download - you shouldn't save photos that are not yours - but am still a bit put out.

2. impis

impis New commenter

I know its probably for the best, but i'm a bit miffed. Facebook has altered how you view photographs. They seem to be embedded within a flash slideshow and you no longer have the ability to right click on them, and chose to save them to your pc. My daughter used to post her pictures of the family on there and i'd download them that way. Now it will be frustrating as i'll be able to see them but not download them.
    I can see why its better, generally, to remove the ability to download - you shouldn't save photos that are not yours - but am still a bit put out.

3. On the left below the photo there is a link saying "download this photo" when you look at a photo in the slideshow.

4. If I right click I can save the image by clicking on "save as"

5. impis

impis New commenter

Glitterkid you are a genius!!
    I hadn't noticed that!!!
    Thanks to you my family album will remain up to date. LOL!
    Much appreciated.

6. You are very welcome, Impis!

7. impis

impis New commenter

Thats how I used to do it but that option isn't there any more on my pc.

8. Hmm, still there on mine. Oh well, does the download button on the left work for you?

9. impis

impis New commenter

Yeah, thanks - I hadn't noticed the 'dowload' button on the left as I was so fixated on not being able to right click and choose 'save image as'.