1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Facebook pages for Nurserys

Discussion in 'Personal' started by 2young2retire, Aug 2, 2011.

1. I need some advice, I am trying to find ways to improve communication with my parents and have come up with the idea of introducing a facebook page for them to access and share information. However my management immediately looked at the negative aspects of using a community shared page especially given that facebook recieves alot of negative press. (needless to say my management are still in the stone age and haven't even got a website for the nursery!)
    Has anyone put their setting on a social network site for parents (only) to access, if so what have been the outcomes, also how have you overcome the confidentiality and Data Protection issues that inevitably arise.
    Any help on this subject would be greatfully recieved.
    Thanks

2. I need some advice, I am trying to find ways to improve communication with my parents and have come up with the idea of introducing a facebook page for them to access and share information. However my management immediately looked at the negative aspects of using a community shared page especially given that facebook recieves alot of negative press. (needless to say my management are still in the stone age and haven't even got a website for the nursery!)
    Has anyone put their setting on a social network site for parents (only) to access, if so what have been the outcomes, also how have you overcome the confidentiality and Data Protection issues that inevitably arise.
    Any help on this subject would be greatfully recieved.
    Thanks