1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Facebook help needed please

Discussion in 'Personal' started by lapinrose, Dec 3, 2011.

1. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Earlier I was trying to stop so many posts from other people appearing on my wall. So I ended up in Advanced security, now the screen is grey and all the messages etc in blue letters down the left hand side of the screen, no picttures either. What have I done and how can I get back to the normal facebook?

2. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Correction, there are pictures, but a lot of it is text upon text, I can't read any messages or do anything with it!! I've tried logging out, closing down the page and opening in a new page, so please, who can help me?

3. lunarita

lunarita Established commenter

Where is Advanced security? I don't seem to have that option. In fact, faceboook privacy and security options seem far less flexible than before.

4. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

It comes up when you go into security but I can't remember how I did it! I can't use chat or get onto pages I want to like the Trigeminal Neuralgia page!!

5. lunarita

It doesn't exist for me so I can't really guess what you've done.
    It's not something simple like opting for https only rather than http connection is it?

6. lunarita

Sorry, it that's what it is, then my first option under Account configuration > Security is to activate or not secure navigation. Some things do not work or are not visible if you have secure navigation selected. I don't know if chat is one of them though as I never use it.

7. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

I do to chat to friends abroad and it's useful to give and get support from others with TN, anyway, it was all my computer's fault. I turned the beast off and then on again, guess what, facebook is working now! [​IMG]

Can't you tell I'm not that clever with computers!!