1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Facebook group: bullied teachers support!

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by pawnandaking, Apr 7, 2016.

1. pawnandaking

pawnandaking New commenter

Hi everyone!

So yesterday I had a great idea. I hope!

I was talking to a teacher who was telling me they still felt the effects of being bullied at work. I hear lots of teachers saying this still affects them and it made me realise there are loads who are still going through it now too. So I decided to make a little support group as being bullied can be isolating.

If you've bounced back from bullying and are now happy, (even if you're not and need to vent) your story and empathy can inspire others. Teaching is hard enough without bullies!

Trainees welcome too! Also TAs!

I thought it would be a positive place to let off some steam and get support from people in the same boat! It's a closed group btw and nobody can see you're in it.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1000474330047209/

Thank you!

2. cantthinkofausername

cantthinkofausername New commenter

Just to say that you may not be able to see what's being said but you can certainly see who the members of this group are.

I wish you well with the group. I'm a part time teacher and pretty much full-time psychotherapist. I've seen a few bullied teachers as clients in the past few years. There is light at the end of the tunnel

Best wishes

Paul