1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

facebook chat

Discussion in 'Personal' started by slippeddisc, Jan 17, 2011.

1. slippeddisc

slippeddisc New commenter

A bit daft but is there a way to see who is on facebook chat but to hide yourself so you don't have to chat. I like keeping facebook on when I'm busy doing work but sometimes I can't be bothered to chat. I like to see who is there though!

2. In the bottom right corner, there's a box that says 'Chat' followed by the number of your friends that are online. If you click on this box, it gives you a new grey box called 'Options' through which you can select to go offline.

3. Not at the moment but I have read somewhere that this will be in the next lot of updates.
    JSY x

4. Hi - go to the 'chat' box, click on 'options', then click on 'offline'.

Easy-peasy, Japanesey. A phrase which my P6 boys informed me was rascist. :/

5. Silly me! That makes the friends disappear as well - let's hope it can be done soon!

6. Coffeekid, that shows you as offline but doesnt allow you to still see who is online.

7. Oh....

Still, if you don't want to chat, you probs won't care who's online! :D

8. Duh. Just realised OP wants to see who's online.

9. Seems like you need to choose Menu >>Options >> Stalk.

10. haha

11. 365 photos..?

Don't mind if I do...

12. slippeddisc

slippeddisc New commenter

Yeah ok ok, I am a saddo! Too much time on my hands. Maybe I should be planning or something!