1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Face masks and specs.

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Dragonlady30, Jul 2, 2020.

1. emerald52

emerald52 Star commenter

Get some daily disposable contacts to wear when you need to use a mask. One eye is distance, other eye is reading.

2. Doitforfree

Doitforfree Star commenter

I can't wear contact lenses.

3. neddyfonk

neddyfonk Lead commenter

Try a more radical solution. Buy a snorkel and nose clip and stuff cotton wool into the end to act as a filter.

bombaysapphire likes this.
  4. Morninglover

Morninglover Star commenter

Disposable anything isn't very green! And the sheer idea of putting something into my eye repulses me. So, no thanks.

emerald52 likes this.
  5. sbkrobson

sbkrobson Star commenter

Amazing-I got one just like that too!
    But sadly, with the steaming spectacles issue, I just can't see myself wearing it.

6. Morninglover

Here's another problem - if you have the minor deformity sometimes called 'squashed ear' (the top of one ear is flattened as if squashed by a thumb), then you may find you can't wear a mask as it slips off.

And before anyone says this is unlikely, I know someone for whom this is a fact.

7. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

We all wear these.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

strawbs, emerald52 and Morninglover like this.
  8. Morninglover

I may be thick, but what are these?

9. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

3D printed plastic strips that mean your mask doesn't rub your ears.

Morninglover likes this.
  10. Morninglover

Thanks. Will suggest this.

11. nomad

nomad Star commenter

12. sbkrobson

sbkrobson Star commenter

Well I too would post a photo, one of myself wearing my mask and glasses all misted up,to exemplify the problem, but I confess I have too many selfie steam issues to actually go through with it.

bada tsh
    t f i Friday etc

rouxx likes this.
  13. Nanny Ogg

Nanny Ogg Occasional commenter

It starts properly 1 minute in. I use a folded tissue at the top above my nose to seal the top. It’s exciting going around the supermarket and not knowing what I’m actually buying!

14. nervousned

nervousned Senior commenter

I tried pulling the mask higher up the nose and resting my glasses on them. This worked but my glasses aren't the best design for this so I had to have them further down my nose than I would like.

Got medical tape today so will give that a go next time.

15. Doitforfree

Doitforfree Star commenter

The whole thing depresses me. If it ever becomes compulsory to wear a mask to go shopping then I'll shop less and buy less. I don't go anywhere else. There are hardly any virus cases where we live. The chances of being infected are tiny. Why don't we clamp down on terrible driving more, which is almost certainly now more of a threat to me than Covid-19?

nomad, smoothnewt and Morninglover like this.
  16. Morninglover

Good idea.

17. Ivartheboneless

Ivartheboneless Star commenter

Just been to one of my nearest Morrinsons stores (there are three about equidistant from me, all in Wales). Did not see a single soul wearing a mask, except me. I thought the advice now was to wear one in public? There was also a lot of distance closing below two metres. We're all doomed!

emerald52 and Dragonlady30 like this.
  18. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

Thank you one and all. I bought some strips from Amazon which arrived today and they seem to be just the job!! :D
    Well done and thank you again jazzedup :)

19. sparklepig2002

sparklepig2002 Star commenter

Do you have a link please?

20. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

I'm a bit of a techy-tumbleweed area so I think you'll have to seek help elsewhere, sorry. :oops: