1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Fabric Dye from Heron Educational Ltd

Discussion in 'Art and design' started by MissSnowflake, Jul 29, 2012.

1. I have been using some of this to paint on fabric recently and I am wondering if anyone has any experience of using it? I understand that the company doesn't exist anymore? (I may be wrong) but I am wanting advice in using the dye. 1. Can I use it diluted and if so with what? 2. If I want to clean fabric that has been painted with it (i.e. mistakes) what can I do? (On the label it says it's white spirit based and from trying I know extra white spirit will not shift it! Any help would be appreciated!

2. Great thread [​IMG]

3. Lottes

Lottes New commenter

Wouldn't really want to advise on chemicals when I'm unsure of the type of dye you've got. You shouldn't really use bleach with some cold process dyes for example. I use powdered procion dyes which I simply dilute with water. Not sure why you'd want to remove dye (can the mistakes be avoided by using a gutter perhaps?) Try something like a bar of vanish perhaps? or bleach if it's just you followed by washing powder..... not a Textiles expert, so hopefully you'll get some other answers, otherwise you could try posting this in the DT section? [​IMG]