1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Fab trips in lancs/liverpool area

Discussion in 'School trips' started by tayla, Feb 20, 2011.

1. Hi
    I am new to this school and have a year 5 class. Every term the class go on a day trip or visit. I missed the boat in Autumn as I couldnt get in anywhere so late on. Can anyone recommend any fun interesting school visits in lancashire/liverpool area. My creative curriculum topic is science based this term and music based next half term. but I can be flexible as long as trip is good. Thanks in advance

2. blazer

blazer Star commenter

There is a coal mine/oil terminal place with an education centre just to the North of Prestatyn.

Quarry Bank Mill is very interesting and geared towards younger children.

Jodrell bank?

3. Helena Handbasket

Helena Handbasket New commenter

The World Museum in Liverpool is great for kids, loads of interactive activities and it's free to get in!
    When I was in primary we went to a Catalyst Museum which was sort of Widnesy way I seem to remember. We also went to Fiddlers Ferry and learnt about electricity.

Not to do with your curriculum areas but the Maritime Museum in Liverpool is absolutely fab. When I was in my youth there were some sciency activities to do like learning about floating and things like that.

Hope that helps